Prologue

I hold one hand to my bleeding nose, my other raised to defend myself.

"Still wanting to fight, huh?"

I don't speak. I don't even move. The girl before me just laughs.

"Oh, yeah... You can't talk! You killed your mommy and daddy so now you refuse to speak. How pathetic."

My vision is slowly starting to get blurry. Black shadow like figures stand behind the girl, ready to beat me senseless as well.

The girl lifts her hand, a shiny gun evident. My eyes widen.

She fires. I attempt to dodge and the bullet goes through my shoulder.

I wince in pain, yelping out. She laughs loudly.

Tears streaming from my eyes, I run. I hear more bullets shoot off after me.

I drop my backpack to the group, running faster.

I stop running. I realize I made my way all the way into the forest. I take a deep breath, my adrenaline dying down.

The pain in my shoulder finally hits me. I take another deep breath, wincing. I clench my teeth, more tears falling.

It's so cold.

My back hits a tree, I slide down it.

I look up.

My mother, father, and siblings are all laughing hysterically at me.

My tears fall faster as I look at my hands.

My hands are coated in my blood. I take the scarf off my neck, shivering.

My vision gets even blurrier as I wrap the scarf around the wound to stop the bleeding.

I hold my head, a sharp pain tearing through it. I hear something crack.

Tears roll down my face from my left eye as I hold my breath.

I look around me for a weapon, anything to defend myself.

I spot a stick near me and with my free hand, I grab it.

I quickly wipe my left eye with the back of my hand.

I take a deep breath, gripping the stick tightly.

I cannot move at all or I will loose more blood so, I will have to defend myself from the ground.

I can do it.

I take a deep breath, my tears stop falling and I rub my tired eye.

I put on a brave face and ready my weapon.

"I know you are there. Reveal yourself." I order. I take another deep breath, gulping quietly.

A figure steps out of the shadows. I raise the stick a little higher.

The figure is wearing a white mask that covers their face.

An orange jacket tightly hugs their frame. A black turtleneck is underneath the jacket.

The figure wears a pair of blue jeans and heavy duty boots. A pair of leather gloves wrap their hands.

"Hello." The figure greets. Their voice is slightly deep and very smooth.

I stay level headed.

"Hello." I respond.

The figure is unarmed but looks strong enough to take me down with one swing, especially in this state.

The hand on my shoulder, pushes more against the wound.

"What happened to your shoulder?" The figure asks.

"I was shot by... someone." I answer.

"Why do you look so strange?"

"Uh. That's a long story." I explain. "And I don't have a lot of time..."

"Why not?" The figure asks.

"I... will p-pass out from blood loss soon." I mutter.

"How about you come with me?" The figure asks, extending a hand to me.

"Why?" I ask.

"So, we- I could patch you up." The figure explains.

I look at my bloody lap, considering my options.

If I stay here, I'll die from blood loss. If I go with this person, they could kill me or help me. I guess it's what fate intended for me. Please let this be a good idea.

"You'll need to carry me." I explain. They nod, walking over to me. "Be careful of my shoulder."

The figure lifts me up, bridle-style. I drop the stick and hold onto one of their arms for dear life, my eyes closed tightly.

"What's wrong?" The figure asks. I sharply inhale.

"I just don't enjoy being carried." I explain. The figure nods and begins walking off.

My vision gets blurry.

"I'm going to pass out." I explain. The figure nods, walking faster.

The world slowly fades black.