[1] Apprehension

Art by stormy_aozora71 <3

After the Monokubs and Monokuma left, an alarm went off throughout the entire gym. The seventeen Ultimates all reached into their pockets and pulled out a black device. A message popped up on the screen.

Students must live at the Ultimate Academy for the remainder of their foreseeable future.

Once a murder takes place, all surviving students must take part in a class trial.

If the blackened is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed.

If the blackened is not exposed, all remaining students will be executed.

If the blackened survives the class trial, they will graduate and re-enter the outside world.

The killing game and class trials will continue until only two surviving students remain.

'Nighttime' is from 10 pm to 8 am. The dining hall and gymnasium are off-limits at night.

Violence towards Monokuma, the headmaster of the Ultimate Academy, is strictly prohibited.

Monokuma will never directly commit a murder.

Your Monopads are very important items. Please do not damage them.

The body discovery announcement will play when three or more students discover a body.

With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore the campus at your discretion.

Students who violate these rules will be immediately terminated by the Exisals.

The headmaster may add new regulations to this list at any time.

Ryoma was the first one to speak. "The Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles School Regulations... so these are the rules..."

"I do not understand why someone... would force us to this?" Kirumi said, placing a finger to her chin.

"It's as if we are being forced to do this for the entertainment of someone or something." Ichika said.

"But these rules are pretty cut and dry. This game doesn't seem like it'll be boring." Kokichi piped up while putting his arms behind his head.

"That's not the problem!" Tenko barked and glared at Kokichi.

Korekiyo wrapped his arms around himself. "Please lower your voice, it's ruining the atmosphere."

"Hey, hey! What does this sixth regulation mean?" Angie waved her arm around to get out attention. "The killing game and class trials will continue until only two surviving students remain. Only two surviving students? What would be the reason for that?"

"That would probably be because you couldn't do a class trial with only two people..." Shuichi explained.

"Nyahahaha, I see, I see. You're so smart, Saihara-kun!" Angie appeared to be sparkling.

Kaito clenched his eyes shut and balled his hand into a fist, "Q-Quit screwing around! Killing game... school regulations... To hell with that crap! Who'd go along with something like that?"

Kaito raised his Monopad, ready to smash it on the ground.

"Wait, Momota-san, don't do that!" Ichika yelled.

"Huh? Why not?"

"The school rules say you can break it or else the Exisals will dispose of you." Rantarou explained.