[21] The Truth

Kaito looked at everyone and nodded. "Alright, everyone's here. I hope you're all ready."

Shuichi's gaze landed on the large pile of various weapons. "A-Are those weapons...?"

"So you went to my lab yesterday to find weapons to use against Monokuma. " Maki sighed.

"Yeah, that's right." Kaito grinned. "Anyway, let's get started! You guys better be ready!"

"Ah... you don't mean ready to die, right?" Tsumugi sweated.

"Ready to fight... and win..." Himiko muttered with a determined look.

"Yeah, we challenged him a bunch of times, but it never worked out, right?" Kaito scratched the back of his head. "That's because... we gave up. But this time, we can't give up!" He beamed at everyone, filled with determination. "Cuz this is our final chance! We're gonna beat up Monokuma and end this ridiculous killing ga-"

"What a coinkydink- I was planning on ending this killing game, too." It was a voice the students all knew too well. They all spun on a dime and came face to face with him, sitting on a bunch of hammers.

"Ouma-kun!?" Shuichi spluttered.

"Y'know... I was also thinking about how to end this killing game as soon as possible." Kokichi giggled.

"You little-!" Kaito scowled at the small boy. "What are you-!"

"I wouldn't move if I were you. At least, if you don't wanna become this li'l guy's prey." Kokichi pulled out a pink bomb with a mouse illustration on it.

Ichika tilted her head. "Is that a bomb?"

Himiko flinched, hiding behind Ichika. "A b-b-bomb!?"

"Yup, it's exactly that!" Kokichi chirped. "Which means... If you don't wanna be blown to pieces, then you need to listen to what I'm about to tell you..." Kokichi froze for a moment. "...Wait, what was I gonna tell you?"

"Y-You're the one who said it!"

"You little-! What are you gonna do with that bomb!?" Kaito barked, glaring at Kokichi.

"Y'know how it says in the rules that the killing game will continue until there're only two left?" Kokichi explained. "But it never mentioned about how many you can kill, right? So here's a question for everyone... Who wants to survive with me? Just the two of us?" Kokichi grinned one of his malicious grins.

"I-It can't be... you..." Tsumugi stuttered, sweating up a waterfall.

"..." Ichika remained silent and stared at him with narrowed eyes.

"Are you planning to kill us all with that bomb!?" Himiko screamed.

Kaito's face went pale. "Then the way you're gonna end the killing game is..."

Kokichi giggled. "I thought maybe I should kill eeeeeeveryone! Except for me and, like, one other person. If I did that, I'd be able to end the killing game and still abide by school rules, right? It's first-come, first-served! On the count of three, first one to raise their hand wins!"

"Q-Quit screwing around! Who'd even agree to that plan!?" Kaito shrieked.

"Even if you threaten to destroy me, I have no intention of being manipulated by you." Kiibo said sharply.

"I-I'm scared of dying... But nothing good will come from surviving with a traitor like you." Himiko grumbled underneath her hat while hiding behind Ichika.

"I also... don't want to survive with someone who'd do such a thing to Gokuhara-kun." Tsumugi glared at Kokichi.

"...I'd rather kill you." Maki snapped.