[9] Distraction

Art by stormy_aozora71 <3

"Oh my! You all voted correctly! What an unexpected and unpredictable outcome!" Monokuma laughed. "The blackened who killed Hoshi Ryoma is Toujou Kirumi, the Ultimate Maid!"

"Yayyyyy! Bravo, bravo!" The Monokubs cheered in unison.

"Phew! Thank goodness we managed to get through the class trial again!" Kokichi chirped.

"Th-There's nothing good about this at all...!" Tenko sobbed. "Wh-Why... Why did it have to be Toujou-san...?"

"Truly, the result was unexpected." Kiibo commented.

"But... I just can't believe it... Toujou-san was so helpful... and kind to everyone..." Gonta sobbed.

"..." Kirumi was silent, a painful expression on her face.

"Hey, hey, how long have you been lying to us?" Angie asked and gave Kirumi a dark look. "Is that why you took such good care of us...? So you could deceive everyone?"

"You mean she's not my mom!?" Kokichi exclaimed.

"She was never your fuckin' mom!" Miu barked.

Kaito clenched his fist. "Hey, Toujou. Tell me... Why? You were always thinking about everyone around you... How could you kill someone?"

"Well, Toujou-san? Were your feelings towards us simply another falsehood?" Korekiyo questioned.

Kokichi vigorously shook his head. "N-No! It can't be! So it ain't so! That... was just another lie, too!?"

Shuichi sighed. "I don't... think so... I still believe Toujou-san cares about us."

"Hmmm? How do you know?" Ichika asked.

"I can't say for certain, but I can sense that this trial has been agonizing for her."

A small smile appeared on Kirumi's face. "You can't say for certain, hm? That is what a detective would say."

"Toujou-san... are you upset..." Shuichi paused for a moment. "Because of the people important to you?"

Tsumugi blinked. "You mean like from the motive video? So Toujou-san watched hers after all?"

"Earlier, Toujou-san mentioned that she accepted a request..." Kiibo spoke up. "Perhaps that request came from someone important in her motive video?"

Maki glared at Kirumi. "...Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

Kirumi shook her head. "No, that's not it. I'm just... lost. Because if I tell you why I did it, you will regret what you've done."

"Spit it out already..." Kaito growled. "Otherwise, we can't accept this outcome."

"Please, Toujou-san... tell us." Tenko begged. "I care about you a lot... and I know the others care about you, too..."

"..." Kirumi let out a small sigh. "Very well, then. If you are all so desperate to know... I will consider this a final request, and tell you everything."

"No more lies, then." Kokichi smirked. "You better just tell us the truth, please and thank you."

"Yes, I understand... Your reasoning was exactly right. The reason I murdered Hoshi-kun was because of what I saw in my motive video."

Korekiyo hummed. "As I thought. You did indeed watch your video."

"Does that mean someone broke the agreement and traded you your motive video?" Kokichi glared at the other students. "Alright, fess up! Which one of you did it? Close your eyes and raise your hand if it was you!"