[28] Battle

*CRASH*

A loud explosion rippled through the campus, dangerously close to the dorms. The students were all in their dorms, trying to rest after the recent events when the explosion jolted them all awake. They all rushed outside to see what the hell was happening.

Shuichi looked around frantically at the flames that licked the campus. "Wh-What happened!?"

"The school building blew up!" Himiko screeched, hiding behind Ichika.

"Now isn't this something." Ichika hummed as she held Himiko's hand.

"Hey, over there...!" They all turned their heads to where Maki was pointing and to their shock, they all saw Kiibo He seemed to be completely geared up and was shooting at the different school buildings, the rubble and dust filling the air.

"K-Kiibo-kun!?" Shuichi gawked at the robot, who continued without a care in the world.

"You're flying! Is it magic?" Himiko asked.

"Wooooah... So he can fight." Ichika hummed.

"I don't know what he's planning, but it looks like he's attacking the school indiscriminately. We need to hurry up and stop him... We'll get caught up in this mess if we don't." Maki grumbled, glaring at the robot.

"But how do we stop him?" Tsumugi held onto her wrist as she stared at the crumbling school.

"We have to talk to him! We can get him to come down!" Shuichi yelled at his fellow peers.

Maki nodded. "It's dangerous, but... let's go to the courtyard and try to get his attention."

While the students were still confused by the situation unfolding in front of them, they all ran to the centre of the courtyard as fast as they could. More explosions went off left and right and random debris went flying, nearly hitting them as the dust filled their lungs.ivh

"Eeeeeek! It's like a battlefield!" Himiko cried out.

"W-We need to get his attention!" Shuichi said in a panicked voice. "Get him to come down!"

"Kiiiibooooo-kuuuuuun! Come here!" Tsumugi shouted at the top of her voice.

"Are you trying to get us killed!?" Himiko barked.

"Please, Kiibo-kun! Come down and talk to us!" Shuichi yelled.

They all shouted out to Kiibo, who finally came to a halt mid-air and then slowly flew down to them.

"Here he comes..." Maki muttered, glaring at Kiibo.

"Did you call for me?" Kiibo asked in an oddly casual tone. "Please keep it brief. I have other matters I must attend to."

"Other matters?" Shuichi repeated.

"I'm going to end this killing game..." Kiibo sighed.

Shuichi blinked. "End the killing game?"

Kiibo nodded. "To do that... I must destroy the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles."

"D-Destroy it!?" Himiko exclaimed.

"This killing game cannot go on if I destroy this school in its entirety."

"So that's why... you have that weapon?" Tsumugi inquired, pointing at the machinery that adorned his arms.

"What's with that weapon and the jet pack?" Maki interrogated, glaring at the weapons.

"I obtained this equipment from my lab."

"You had equipment like that... in your lab?"

"I made some modifications to drastically improve their power output and functionality."