[22] Just a lie

Ichika ran as fast as she could. As she kept running, she heard metal clunking becoming louder and louder. She knew that she was thumping loudly through the chamber, so she had no doubt that Kokichi could hear her. Ichika turned a sharp left in a big, green, open chamber, and she saw him. Standing several meters in front of her. Kokichi's expression read pure shock and terror, but only for a moment, as it was replaced with a grin that was probably supposed to be malicious but ended up being lacklustre.

"Oh? I didn't think that'd anyone would have the balls to chase after me. What are you gonna do? Kill me?" He gasped, still gripping his shoulder. "Oh wait a minute, that's right! Do you have beef with me after I stole your title from you, little miss traitooorrr?" 

"..." Ichika sighed. "Of course you knew."

"Puh-lease. It was *hardly* that hard to figure out. You should've been more careful with your secrets missy."

Ichika clicked her tongue. "I could say the same with you, you fake."

"Oh boo hoo, I'm not your masterminding boss." Kokichi glared at Ichika. "You can try and kill me, but I would advise against it." His grin fell sinister. "Your precious boss isn't in control of their precious Exisals anymore and-"

"I don't follow anyone." Ichika stated plainly, crossing her arms. "I'm not the masterminds puppet."

"Haah?" Kokichi scrunched up his face with disgust. "Lying to my face? You've got some serious balls, you skank." He spat. "Go and crawl back to your little friends who you've used and betrayed, why don't ya?"

"...I haven't betrayed them. Well, yet anyway because..." Ichika's face softened. "What if I can prove that I'm not on the masterminds side?"

"..." Kokichi glared at Ichika with a dark smile. "Bullshit. You can't seriously expect me to-"

"For gods sake, just listen!" Ichika barked and pulled out a black voice recorder. She pressed play and two voices started playing.

***

Ichika turned around and smiled while pressing the record button in her pocket. "Well hello, Miss mastermind! You finally came to visit me here." She gasped. "Oh! Would you rather me address you by your name? Shirogane-san?" Her face broke out into a smug grin.

"..." Tsumugi just glared down at the smirking girl. "Listen here. You need to stop coming here before I take actions to prevent you from ever returning here."

"Awww why?" Ichika pouted. "Why can't I come here anymore? I'm not doing anything..." Her grin fell dark. "Oooh wait... Are you mad at me for lying to you? Sorry darling, but I just needed to get info outta ya."

"You're a real pain in the ass, lying to me like that." Tsumugi snapped. "First Ouma, now *you*. You do realize that little message of yours could backfire on you now."

"Huuuh? Whatever do you mean?" Ichika tilted her head.

"I know you wrote that not just to fool me, but to attempt to halt Ouma's plan." Tsumugi clicked her tongue. "You realize that he might not stop like you want."

"Yeah, it's a 50/50. Maybe he'll do the smart thing and realize his plan to usurp you won't work with a traitor, or he'll do it anyway." Ichika shrugged. "Regardless of which path he chooses, don't worry your pretty little head! Everything will work out fine~"

"You're lying, you know it won't turn out fine." Tsumugi stomped up to Ichika and grabbed the collar of her shirt, pulling her close and glaring dangerously at her. "With everything you've done to my killing game, I should honestly dispose of you right now."