[15] The Virtual World

"This... is..." Shuichi took a look at his surroundings with wide eyes. Kaito, Tsumugi, Himiko, and Kiibo were also with Shuichi.

"So this... is the Virtual World?" Kaito asked with an awe-struck expression.

"It seems like... it's completely different from what we were told..." Tsumugi sighed.

"These graphics are really disappointing!" Himiko barked. "How's this supposed to be better than the real world!? These avatars are really disappointing, too! I wanted to have the face of a supermodel!"

"I thought you liked your face..." Shuichi said nervously.

"I still have a robot body I must admit, I was secretly expecting more..." Kiibo sighed.

"But... it feels weird. I can move this avatar like I could my own body, right? And with this body, I don't have to worry about all that stuff..." Kaito trailed off.

"What stuff?" Shuichi questioned.

"Uh... no, it's nothing."

Two bright blue lights appeared in the room and Maki and Ichika stepped into the room. Maki took one look around the room and said-

"...I want to go back."

"Th-That was quick..." Shuichi said.

Ichika gasped. "Woah!"

"Ichika?" Himiko stared at Ichika confused. "Why did you gasp? What's wrong?"

"Oh my muffins!" Ichika grinned. "We're all the same height! I'm not short anymore! You too, Yucchan! We're not the shortest anymore!"

Himiko's eyes widened in realization. "Nyeh! You're right... But it doesn't change the fact that this has disappointing graphics!" She grumbled.

Two more blue lights appeared and Kokichi and Gonta took their first step in the Virtual World.

"Oooh, so this is the Virtual World. I see I see." Kokichi hummed happily. "And this is my avatar. Mm-hm, mm-hm. I get it now." Kokichi turned to Kiibo and slapped his arm.

"Ouch!" Kiibo glared at Kokichi. "What did you do that for?"

"Ooh, so that hurt."

"Oh, well, now that you mention it... I felt genuine pain just now..."

"That's pretty impressive. If you felt pain, then that means our senses are connected."

"Our senses are connected...?" Maki repeated. Another blue light appeared behind Maki and Miu stepped out of the light.

"This place is so great, I come here all the time. It's way better than the real world!" Miu exclaimed.

Himiko stomped up to Miu, an angry red tint on her face. "What the heck are you talking about, you fraud!?"

"Heeeeeeeeeeee!"

"This is totally different from what you said," Tsumugi added. "Plus this avatar has disappointing graphics."

"Y-Your looks are nothing to write home about. Trust me, you look a billion times better now."

"What!?" Himiko screeched.

Ichika rubbed her ears. "Yucchan, please. Inside voices."

"Anyway... what do you mean our senses are connected? I need an explanation." Maki demanded.

"H-Huh?" Miu started to sweat. "Didn't I tell you?" Kokichi looked at Kiibo and smacked his arm again.

"Ouch!" Kiibo yelped.