²✭Chapter 1✭

October 28, 1984.

"Son of a Bitch! Son of a Bitch!" the curly headed boy I've known for almost a year Next month to be exact I met my four bestfriends.

"I told you, you can use some of my money!" I yelled at the Curly headed boy. He continued to Search every inch of his house for money.

"No!" He hushed me. "Uhg Another stupid penny!" He groaned as he threw the small copper colored coin.

"Dusty, Watch it! You almost hit Mews." his mom fussed at him.

"Can I please check under your cushions?" He begged her as he Fixing the sofa.

"Dusty" She Whined.

"Mom. Please it's an emergency!" He groaned

She groaned in response and got up Holding any peting Mews. He Shoved his arm under the cushions and felt around then pulled out Two quarters.

"Lucas, Do you copy? I've got four quarters. What's your haul?" Dustin spoke into his headset.

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by five" I could hear Lucas on my supercom it was tuned to the same channel they were on.

"How?" Dustin looked confused.

"While you were Scrounging around like a homeless bum, I mowed Old man Humphrey's lawn." Lucas spoke

"Old Man Humphrey's got that kinda cash?" Dustin mocked Lucas in disbelief.

"Just call Mike already." I could HEAR Lucas rolling his eyes.

"You call Mike." Dustin protested. looking at me and shaking his head.

"I have to go take a shower from doing real work, like a man." Lucas said with a cocky tone.

I brought the large device up to my face and held down the big button on the side. "Man my ass."

"Oh yah what's your haul y/n?" Lucas spat.

"12 bucks." I spat back at him.

"Huh?" Dustin looked up at me.

"oh yah right, how'd YOU get the money?" Lucas doubted me.

"Unlike you, I did REAL work. I babysat for Ms. Porter Every Saturday and Sunday this month. AND I helped out at the police station. Ya know like a MaaAan" I mocked him

"Whatever over and out." Lucas sighed.

"We should call mike." Dustin said as I lowered my arm. I nodded my head in response. "Mike, Do you copy? Mike, Do you copy?"

After a few minutes of flipping through each channel Dustin finally found the one Mike was on "Yeah. Yeah, I coppy."

"What the hell are you doing on this channel?" Dustin asked

"Nothing." Mike responded quickly.

"Well Lucas, y/n, and I have 18 Dollars total." Dustin Counted on his fingers for a few seconds before realizing that its simple math. "What's your haul?"

"Shit! I dont know Yet." Mike cursed.

"The Hell do you mean you dont know Yet?" I quickly clicked the big button and brought the supercom up to my face.

"Hold on. Call will." Mike spoke.

✭✭✭✭

The four of us met up and headed to the arcade. Once we arrived we set our bikes on the bike rack outside. My head quickly whipped around after a few car honks. Will waved out of the car window. He got out a few
moments later and ran to join us.