Chapter 29

Mayu's P.O.V

It was pretty cold outside, the cloak I am wearing doesn't help at all.

"I think this will be enough, Yoon" I said as I was helping Yoon put all the foods and woods on his wooden wagon.

He nodded as I grabbed the two sticks in the front, which where attached to the wagon, pulled them and started walking so that the wagon could start moving. Yoon was walking beside me.

"Yoon, Mayu" I heard Ik-Soo call us. I stopped walking and so as Yoon. We turn to look at Ik-Soo.

"Where is everyone else, are they still sleeping?" I asked.

"Yeah, they are sleeping" Ik-Soo answered.

Are you guys going?" He asked as Yoon and I nodded.

"Can't I go with you?" Ik-Soo asked.

"No! You stay here!" Yoon quickly answered, without hesitation, startling me a bit.

"I'm this kind of self-satisfying hypocrite after all" Yoon sais with a small smile, making me hit him on the head.

"Ow! What was that for?!" He yelled at me.

"You're not a hypocrite!" I said to him and he looks at me in shock.

"No, Yoon, you're kind" Ik-Soo hugs him as I smile at them.

••• At the Fire tribe, Katan Village•••

I wore a cloak so that I couldn't be recognized. As we arrived at the village, a group of kids ran towards Yoon and hugs him.

"Yoon!" Little kids yelled.

"It's been a long time! How have you been?" He asked sweetly.

"Hungry..." The little kid said sadly.

"Who's this, Yoon?" Another kid asked, pointing at me.

"That's my friend..." Yoon smiled.

I bent down to reach to the little boy's height: "I'm Aika"

I look at the little kids and said: "Yoon and I will make something warm for you to eat, okay?"

The little kids nodded slowly.

•••
"Granny Mi-Rae, how are you feeling? I brought some medicine" Yoon said, entering a house as I followed him.

"What's this? Yoon came? I thought you wouldn't come back" An old lady, sitting on the floor looking at us. She looks at Yoon with a small smile before looking at me, surprised.

"Who's this Yoon..Your wife?"

"You got it wrong Granny Mi-Rae, she is my friend.."

Wow, he answer rather calmly. I couldn't look at his reaction because I was behind him.

"Yoon" An unfamiliar voice calls.

He is quite popular in this village huh?

We both turn around and saw an old man standing, looking at us.

Yoon walks towards him. I bid Granny Mi-Rae goodbye before following Yoon outside.

"Old man Se-Dol"

"It's been a long time that you didn't show up. I was getting worried" He said, ignoring my presence.

I coughed slightly and Old man Se-dol looks at me, surprised.

"Oh! This is my friend, Aika..She is helping me right now" Yoon said, introducing me to Se-Dol as I bowed to the elder.

•••

"As you can see, the food is insufficient...and there are only sicks and the elders" Se-Dol said sadly.

"The taxes have gotten heavier"

"There was another tax increase?" Yoon asked, I clenched my fist in frustration.

They are already suffering enough, why do they have to go through more?

"Yes, collection has been severed, but we cannot change anything, Yoon" The old man said.

"We have provisions, we can passed it to everyone." I said, looking at Yoon.

"Thank you...By the way, are those people behind you friends of yours too?"

Yoon and I turn around, and saw the rest of The Hungry Bunch.

"What are you guys doing here?" Yoon and I yelled in sync.

"You left so quietly, I got worried" Yona said, wearing a cloak, warming up her hands by rubbing them together.

"I accompanied the princess" Kija said with a small smile.

"Zeno came along with Shin-Ah's fluff" Zeno said, hugging the fur coat while Shin-Ah's was looking at him.

I walked towards them, shivering in this cold weather. They both stare at me for awhile before Zeno covers me with Shin-Ah's fluff.

"Don't worry Miss! Zeno and Shin-Ah's fluff will keep you warm!" Zeno said cheerfully while hugging me, making me smile.

"Go back!" Yoon said in a serious tone.

"Yoon, I'm hungry" Hak said as his stomach was growling.

"Could you make us porridge, Yoon?" Jae-Ha asked.

"Go back you good-for-nothing idiots" Yoon growled as I chuckled.

•••
I walked around the village, giving out the provisions we have. The sight of starving kids filled my heart with sorrow.

"Thank you, sis!" A kid grins as I ruffled his hair. "No problem, kiddo!" I smiled sweetly.

"Need a helping hand?" I turned around and looked at the person with a small smile.

"Sure!"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: Who is this person?? Is it Hak? One of the 4 dragons? Yoon? Yona? To be continued...

SORRY SORRY SORRY it's been so looooonnngggg...I was thinking of giving up on this book because I felt that I wasn't a good writer 🥺🥺But I love writing this story and I was upset at the thought of leaving this book unfinished, so I decided to continue!
Sorry for this short chapter but hope you like it!

P.S i don't know what happen but my Miroku fanfic just disappeared out of the blues 'cause I definitely didn't delete the story but no worries! I will just rewrite it again later!