~ Chapter 05 ~

Overhaul's lair,
Morning...

Midoriya's POV

Eh? Did I fall asleep? I wonder where are we right now?

I felt like I was lying on something very cozy and soft. I rose up from nmy current position, sitting up myself. I looked around thus unfamiliar room strangly. "What is this room...?" I asked myself, anxiety rising in my heart.

I was lying in a brown couch, in a strange white room. It looks like a private meeting room that I normally saw in drama.

How did I even end up here?

"So you have awaken..." A foreign voice spoke up huskily, making me shuddered. I turned to look at the said person. It was that driver!

What is his name again? Chromaxiz? Cloewiz? Chrono...stasis?

"U-um...who are you?" I tilted my head in confusion, asking for explanation. "......." He stayed quiet for solid five seconds. I patiently waited for him to answer my question. "Does it even matter?" He coldly retorted, turning his heels and left the room silently, slamming the door. I flinched when the door was slammed close.

So cold and unfriendly. I don't think he likes me...

The door was suddenly opened again, breaking me out of my thoughts. The same arrow-shaped haired-man entered the room. "My name is Hari Kurono. From now on, I'm your...bodyguard. Why did I even have to protect you?" He looked down at me with disappoinment.

Am I that disgraceful?! Gosh, what is wrong with this man and Kai?! They really like to look down on people!

"T-then, don't protect me! I can protect myself!" I snapped, not being able to hold back my anger anymore. I'm done with people humiliating me!

Kurono-san glared dagger at me before he dangerously approached me. "W-what do you want--" All of a sudden, he slapped my cheeks brutally. I fell to the floor. My hand shakily touched my red cheek, feeling the burning sensation hurting me. I hissed in pain as I tried to hold back my tears.

W-what is wrong with him?!

"It wasn't like I wanted to do this kind of job... But since this was ordered by Overhaul, I have no choice but to protect you. I won't ever defy his order." Kurono-san stated, his voice turning husky and deep. I resulted to silence, gritting my teeth in sadness. I hung my head low, not wanting him to witness my ugly crying face.

"Get up, you pathetic." Kurono-san called me out mockingly. I shakily stood up back on my own two feet, still looking down to the concrete floor. "We are leaving. Follow me." He ordered and I just obediently followed him out of the room. He led me all the way to anywhere we were heading.

I-I wanna go home soon...

And who is this Overhaul he mentioned just now...? I wanna ask but I-I'm scared.

Kurono-san stopped his track in front of a metal door. I gulped down my saliva in fear. It seemed like the door from a gory scene in every horror movie that I sometime watched to overcome my fear of ghost but never worked.

Kurono-san pressed the big black button. Slowly, the door opened, revealing a dark, creepy room. I gasped in shock upon seeing it. I stepped back farther from this madman. "What is this room...?" I murmured.

I heard Kurono-san 'tching' at me. He gripped my wrist brutally and shoved me into the room. I fell to the floor again. "Ouch, what is that for?!" I yelled at him, whimpering in pain.

Suddenly, my irises landed on a small figure. A little girl with long silver hair, bandaged arms and legs, was staring at me while her body was shaking violently. My eyes widened in shock at this unexpected sight. I got up and scooted closer to her hurriedly. "A kid...? Hey, what did you do to her?!" I asked Kurono-san furiously.