~ Chapter 21 ~

Next day,
Morning,
Kai's house,
In the kitchen...

Third Person's POV

"Kai, you already cooked the breakfast? I'm sorry for troubling you..." Izuku spoke out just right after she woke up from her peaceful slumber. "You are pregnant so I will take over the cooking and cleaning duty from now on. Besides, I'm used to all these housechores." Kai stated, his honey yellow irises still locked on the frying pan.

"But won't it wear you out with all the housechores and also your yakuza work? I don't want you to exhaust yourself." Izuku said hugging herself as she leant her back against the wall. "Before you came here, I did both housechores and my yakuza work perfectly. And I enjoy doing this so it is not a big problem." Kai assured again, now flipping the aromatic pancake.

"Put that aside, have you told your parents about your condition?" Kai changed the topic, looking over his shoulder to take a quick glimpse of his fiancee. Izuku gasped in realization, her mouth opening widely. "No, I haven't! I will make a call now!" She rushed into their bedroom back to grab her smartphone. He just smiled sheepishly after she left.

'I had been smiling a lot lately...' Kai thought to himself, feeling strange with his sudden change. 'Whatever. It wasn't like it was a bad thing, I guess.' He smiled a small smile again.

– In the bedroom –

Midoriya's POV

My phone was already clamped to my ear, now only waiting for Dad to answer the call. I looked down to my balled-fist in nervousness, clenching on my jaw unsurely. I wonder how will they react? Will they still accept me when they hear about the baby?

Many dramas I watched on the television always end up with the parents disowning their daughter and the man leaving her when she told them about her pregnancy...
I'm scared my parents will disown me. But I'm still fortunate that Kai accepted me and the baby.

God...please open their heart to accept me...

The bipping noise stopped sounding, bringing me back into reality. I heard a man's voice speaking on the phone.

"Hm...hello...?"

"H-hello, Dad."

"Oh, Izu, it is you! Sorry, I just woke up."

"No, it is fine. How are you and Mom doing?"

"It was a fabulous night-- *cough* I mean, yeah, we are doing good."

"What do you mean by 'fabulous night', Dad...?"

"Hmm, something that you did with Overha-- Kai, I wanna say Kai."

"Oh God, I didn't call you to talk about this kind of topic!"

"Hehehe, sorry, sweetheart."

"You always said that but you never mean it, even once."

"You are being pretty sassy now, huh?"

"O-oh, um, did I? My bad..."

"So, how are you doing with Kai, princess?"