~ Chapter 18 ~

AN- Don't play the song yet!

___________________________

Meanwhile,
Kiyashi Ward,
Afternoon...

Todoroki's POV

"She hung up..." I announced to my classmates and then some of them gasped in total shock. "Dude, are you sure you contacted the right person?" Kaminari asked me. "Yeah, that doesn't sound like Midoriya at all!" Ashido exclaimed, disbelief evident in her voice. "Deku-chan would never raise her voice at us like that..." Uraraka looked down worriedly.

"Everyone, stop making wild assumption! Perhaps Midoriya-kun isn't in the best mood right now." Iida stopped everyone from going too far while I just remained quiet, thinking of Midoriya's strange behavior. "Deku doesn't have a cousin." Bakugou suddenly spoke up, earning everyone's attention.

"What did you just say, Bakugou?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "I said that nerd doesn't have a cousin! Both her parents are single child!" The ash blonde-haired boy snarled in irritation. "What?!" The whole class yelled.

"So...De-Deku-chan just told us...a lie?" Uraraka stepped back, her body trembling violently. "That is so mean! Who influence Midoriya to act this way?!" Ashido furiously declared as she comforted Uraraka. "Nah, I think Midoriya doesn't want to be bothered. Most girls use that kind of excuse when they try to hide the fact that they are staying with their boyfriends--"

"Hagakure, this isn't a good time to talk about dating or relationship." Jiro cut her off, stopping the invisible girl from continuing further. "Wait...boyfriend?" I repeated that word, staring at Hagakure long before I spoke up again,

"In the first two weeks of summer vacation, I couldn't contact her at all... Like, she is legit quiet." I started to put the pieces together, rubbing my chin in understanding.

"What is your point, Todoroki-san?" Yaoyorozu questioned me curiously. "If it is true that Midoriya isn't staying with her cousin, since she doesn't have one in the beginning...and the fact that she couldn't join us because her 'cousin' was at work..." I looked up to Hagakure, letting her finished my sentence. She noticed my stare and started bouncing up and down.

"Which mean, Midoriya-chan has an adult man as her boyfriend!" She cheerfully announced. Everyone's jaws dropped to the floor and eyes grew wide at the announcement. "Woah woah, hold on. There is no way someone like Midoriya is brave enough to have a boyfriend, let alone dating! She DEFITINITELY doesn't seem like that type of girl!" Kaminari denied Hagakure's statement.

My classmates kept arguing among each other with me only resulting to silence. I stared at my phonescreen silently.

Something...is off with Midoriya.

I need to investigate this matter now.

•••••

Somewhere in a city,Alleyway...

Chrono's POV

My phone started ringing just right after I left the bloody alleyway after doing some killing. I pulled my phone out of my raincoat pocket and answered the call. "What is it, Toya?" I said in annoyance, feeling worried if any passer-by saw me here. "I-It's about Izuku.." His voice was shaky and nervous that gave me a bad idea.

"What happened to her?!" I slightly raised my voice on the phone, getting impatient. "She looks extremely sick. I think she needs to go to hospital immediately. As much as I want to drive her there, I can't. I have no car. You are the only one who has a car with you." Toya stated calmly.