~ Chapter 19 ~

Nighttime,
Kai's house,
Living room...

Midoriya's POV

I was in the living room, fidgeting in the couch as I waited for Kai to come home. He would be here soon enough, at least that was what he told me during the phone call. I was anxious to the core now, because I was scared of his reaction if he heard about...

My pregnancy.

I glanced at the shiny white clock for the hundreth time already. My body tensed up and I couldn't relax! The more I tried, the more tense I got. I inhaled a deep breath, pausing there for a few seconds before exhaling it, feeling my rapid heartbeat calming down a little.

"It's okay, Izuku... Think positive. Like Hari said, Kai won't leave me. He will accept me and the baby..." I kept muttering words of encouragement for myself. Fingers intertwined neatly, eyes squeezing close as I prayed to God, hoping that Kai wouldn't give negative response to this.

The sliding wooden door of the house was pushed open, breaking me out of my train of thoughts. Footsteps noises erupted through the entire house, increasing my heartbeat pace again. It felt like my inside was going to explode out of my body any second.

"I'm home." Kai slightly yelled from the house entrance. I got up from the couch and rushed to his side. And then I saw him, wearing his usual black button-up shirt and white tie matching with black pants, still had the black surgery mask on his handsome face. A smile automatically mustered on my freckled feature. I walked over to my fiance and locked my arms around his torso. "Welcome home, sweetie." I said in relief even though my heart was beating so fast my breath suffocated.

"Sorry for leaving you alone." Kai placed his hand on top of my head and stared ruffling my green hair affectionately. I purred at his gentle touch before saying,

"I'm fine! I have fun hanging out with Toya and the others." I chirped happily to hide my nervousness. Suddenly, I could feel dark aura coming from Kai. He lowered his head to my level. "Oh, you are having fun with other guy, hm? Especially Toya Setsuno..." He uttered, voice darkening. I swallowed my saliva.

"B-But you are the one who ordered them to guard me while you aren't here! Is it wrong for me to hang out with Toya...?" I sobbed, feeling warm tears started pooling in my eyes. Usually, his words wouldn't hurt me easily but this time, I felt very offended.

Is this because of pregnancy? I easily became emotional and all...?

"I never said you can't hang out with Toya. Just...don't be too closed to him or you won't see that guy in the base tomorrow." Kai warned, averting his golden eyes from me. From the tone of his voice, I could tell he was actually jealous, not mad.

Aww, so he is just being overprotective and jealous? I took his words in the wrong way just now...

"I-I'm sorry, Kai... I promise I won't do anything that hurt your feelings again... or make yoy jealous." I whispered the last part, making me chuckled heartily. Kai narrowed his eyes to me in curiousity. "Say the last part again." He demanded but I shook my head. "Nope!" I refused, popping the 'p'.

Kai breathed out a sigh of exhaustion before he pulled down his mask, resting it under his chin. "I'm tired... Let's get inside and have some nice dinner.. You have cooked dinner for me, haven't you?" He looked into my eyes hopefully. I nodded my head non-stop. "Tonight's dinner is katsudon!" I cheered in happiness, pumping up my fist high in the air.

I think I can make it through... Kai is in good mood after all. This is the right time to tell him.

"Come on, let's eat before dinner get cold!" I grabbed his laxe gloved-hand and pulld him into the house, a wide smile tugged on my lips.