~ Chapter 25 ~

Kai's house,
Nighttime...

Midoriya's POV

One week.

One week had passed since I last talk to my fiance, Kai Chisaki. He was still with his pride and ego, not wanting to admit his fault and apologize to Hari. Since I'm a woman of her words, I did like I said before;

No talking to him and no letting him touch me until he apologizes to Hari.

I wasn't mad, I only want justice for Hari. Kai hurt his feelings yet he thought nothing of his doing. I'm disappointed in Kai.... What is preventing him from apologizing? Just say sorry and I will forgive him too.

I was in the kitchen, washing the dirty dishes and throwing away the leftover food of my meal. Kai was still sitting on the chair, silently eating his dinner while I still ignored him. This past one week was really awkward for both of us. We slept separately, in different room. I slept in my former room back since I didn't we are having a 'war' right now.

I heard scrapping noise on the floor, perhaps Kai was standing up from his chair. Footsteps then erupted through the kitchen, signalling that he had left me alone here. I heaved a sigh of relief before focusing back on my chore.
I admit... I feel pretty lonely.... Not talking to him at all.

I miss him. I miss the time we share together.

I wonder when everything will return to normal.

I walked over to the living room and saw the television was on. I shook my head, grabbing the remote and turned it off. Kai must have forgotten to turn it off before the dinner. "Jeez..." I rested my hands on either side of my hips. My gaze fell on Kai's coat lying on the floor. "What is wrong with him? Leaving his coat here..." I ranted in dissatisfaction. I picked the fabric up and headed to our-- Kai's room.
I held the doorknob and the door crept open slowly. Stepping into the dark room, I ran my fingers through the wall to look for the light switch. In a several seconds, I found it and turned the light on quickly.

Why is he staying in the dark?

Kai was lying in the bed still, he didn't seem to be aware of my presence in the room which was really strange. But I just shrugged it off and hung the coat using the hanger and placed it back into the closet. I was about to leave the room when I noticed Kai was shivering lightly. Bad thoughts began flooding my mind.

Why is he shivering...? Is he cold?

I slowly walked over to the king-sized bed, tapping his shoulder slightly to get his attention. Kai turned to me, still wearing his black surgery mask, but I could see his flushing red face. "I-Izu..." He uttered weakly, eyes staring into mine with wants and needs.

(I found this pic on Google and I fangirled for about 1 hour-)

"Oh God, Kai!" I climbed onto the bed and placed my palm on his forehead. He was burning up!

He has fever and he never told me?!

"Oh, sweetie...why didn't you tell me?" I said in pity, stroking his dark brown hair gently. I got off of the bed. "I'll go grab some stuffs to treat you. I will come back later, okay." I informed him, tugging a sweet smile. I exited the room and headed back to the kitchen.

– A few minutes later –

"Kai... I will undo your shirt now. We need to soak your body a little bit." I said to Kai. He just quietly nodded his head, giving me permission. I started undoing his buttons, helping him taking off his black button-up shirt before placing it with care onto the floor.

I grabbed the wet towel and carefully wiped Kai's muscular body that was exposed to me. He just obediently stayed still like I instructed. He seemed to enjoy the treatment.

After that, I went to his closet and took out his pajama. "You better change into other clothes." I explained my action, handing over his black attire to him. He nodded his head silently again. Turning around to give him personal space to put on his garment, I skidded into the bathroom to take out some cold medicine from a small cabinet.

About one minute passed and I left the bathroom, only to see Kai already wearing his pajama. I came back to him with a glass of clear crystal water and two tablets of cold medicine. "Here, swallow them." My voice sounded, concern reflecting in my eyes.

Maybe he was too stressed with the tense atmosphere between us...

Is this...my fault?

Hesitantly taking the white tablets from my palms, Kai stared into my eyes questionably. "Oh." I hummed in realization. I helped him sliding down his mask and let it rested under his chin. He eventually swallowed the tablets, gulping sound of water being swallowed could be heard by me.

I just mustered a small smile, my hands gripping  his broad shoulders lightly. I pushed him lying in the bed back. "Get enough rest and sleep. Good night, Kai.." I wished for him.

I turned my body around and was about to exit the bedroom when a strong arm slithered around my waists and pulled me into the bed. Hot breath hit my ear, making me shivers in nervousness. "Stay...with me...here..." He mumbled the words one by one, tightening his hold around my hips. "...sorry...Chrono..." This time I gasped at his words.

Oh dear...

Sighing softly, I turned my body facing him. I reached out my hand to his head, ruffling his messy brown hair. I rested my chin on his head while he buried his face in my chest, something he did when he was being clingy and cuddly. "There, there..." I stroked his hair comfortinyly. "That is good to hear that you are apologizing to Hari... So, no need to worry anymore." I whispered into his ear.

Kai remained quiet, suddenly hovering over my body. My innocent gaze met his heated one, his face was bright red die to his high fever. He bent down to my neck, his warm breath brushed on my skin. I almost let a mewl escaped my throat. "Kai...." I breathed out his name heavily. "Let's just... Go to sleep." I said, now my face brightening up with scarlet shades.

My fingers ran through his soft locks. Kai slowly lied himself back beside me. He buried his face in my chest again. We drifted into quick sleep...

_______________________