~ Chapter 34 ~

Shie Hassaikai base,
Half an hour later,
Chrono's room...

Third Person's POV

Izuku buried her face in Hari's chest, sobbing her heart out. Shigaraki's words hit her hard, leaving a scar in her heart. She was extremely offended and felt humiliated. How dare he referred her as Kai's concubine!

Hari didn't know what to say or what to do to comfort Izuku. All he did was hugged her, rubbed circles on her small back while whispering words of encouragement into her ear. He knew he couldn't stop her from crying since he wasn't the right person to do so. There was another person, the one that was made for her.

Knocking on the door caught Hari's attention. "You can come in..." He said lowly, loud enough for the person outside to hear his voice. Slowly, the door crept open by none other than Kai.

"Izuku..." Kai called his fiancee out softly, ignoring the fact that Hari was hugging her so affectionately though deep inside, he was on the verge of activating his Overhaul and used his power on the other male-

Hearing someone uttering her name, Izuku lifted her head up. She turned to the door slowly. Tears streamed down her face faster. "K-Kai...." Izuku croaked up, untangling herself from Hari and rushed over to Kai. Now, her arms wrapped around his torso neatly.

"Shh, it is fine now, angel... I'm here... Let's talk in my office." Kai patted Izuku's back comfortingly. Hari just stared at the couple- his boss and his crush in awkward silence.

Kai glanced at Hari for brief seconds, before shifting his attention back to the love of his life. He picked her up bridal style, carrying her to to his office.

'I won't let you have her, Chrono. But I will let you hold her... Because you are one of the people who make her smile... I will do anything to see her beautiful smile, as long as I live in this world.'

•••••

Kai's office...

Kai placed a cup of hot chocolate that he made specially for his pregnant fiancee. But Izuku just stared at the cup blankly, never bothered to take a sip of it.

"Izuku..." Kai uttered her beautiful name, holding her hand with his. He tightened his hold. "Forget what that filthy man said, Izuku... He isn't worth of your tears..." He said for... He had lost count. Izuku was really emotional. But he could not blame her. Pregnancy and mood swing perhaps were the reason behind her unusual emotional state.

"Easy for you to say, Kai... You aren't the one who was humiliated..." Izuku retorted weakly, tears threatened to spill once more. Kai sighed, deciding to sit next to her. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to him.

"Angel, if you keep up like this, you may hurt our baby..." Kai reminded, worry clouding his face. He wasn't joking. He wasn't lying to stop Izuku from crying. He was concerned of his baby's well-being, also his future wife's condition. Crying too much wasn't good for pregnant lady. That was what his research told.

Izuku wiped off the tears rolling down her face. She leaned her head on the man's muscular chest, hearing the rapid beat of his heart pounding inside. "I'm sorry..." Was her only response.

Kai hummed, stroking her thick dark green locks. "There is nothing for you to be sorry about. Don't blame yourself, Izu." He assured. He placed two fingers under her chin and lifted her head up. Their intense gaze met.