Chapter 3 - Adventurer's Guild (Edited)

'Whaaatttt's going on?'

Right now I'm standing at the doorway of an insanely large room with three people clinging on to me like it's the end of the world.

"Uhm.. Mom, dad, brother?" I said, trying my best to act cute as I tilted my head a little.

"Uwahh, sorry my dear, everyone get off her! She might not have healed from her injuries yet!"

The people that were previously clinging to me jumped off and started doing a full body check on me to see if I was okay.

"Sis, how are you feeling? Are you alright? Damn, I'm going to kill that f***ing prince..."

"..."

Let's... pretend that we never heard that last part!

Anyways, after getting bombarded with a bazillion questions, they finally let me off the hook. I have to admit, having a family that cares this much about you... feels quite nice. 

It's just quite unfortunate that the original Nadina didn't appreciate everything she was given. A loving family, being able to start off at the top of the social ladder, enough wealth to buy whatever she wants, heck, if I had all that, I would've lived the rest of my life as a shut-in otaku with my family of four. It could be just us in our own little world and we could all lay back and watch the heroine's dogblood drama unfold.

Watching these strangers getting so anxious for me gives me a warm feeling in my chest and for some reason, I want to protect them at all costs. After all, as the creator of the game, I know that their affections aren't faked. Unfortunately, I am also aware about the fact that all this love is supposed to be directed at Nadina Loctine, not me, Nadina Hearth. 

While it is true that my brother tried to kill 'me' in the original storyline, he had a logical reason to do so. 'Nadina' always took everything for granted and when she tried to assassinate the heroine out of jealousy, that was the last straw. In the end, her actions were just too much for anyone to take and even her doting brother had abandoned her.

Karma is a reach b*tch, isn't she?

'Anyways I just hope that my future actions won't lead me down the path that the original host traveled and.. thank you for granting my first wish.'

"No Problem!"

"?!?"

'I think... I just heard some kind of voice inside my head? Was it just a hallucination?'

"Naw, girl it's real. Remember me? Miranda! Didn't you wish to keep in touch? I came to teach you the method to contact me."

'Oh right! I believe that was one of my wishes, anyways is it hard to do so? It can't be as simple as to just shout Miranda in my head right? Haha"

"Ehh? How did you know? You're awesome, Nadina!"

'To come up with such a lame way of contact, did you hit your head too hard in the truck accident? I was just casually suggesting something! Gods these days.. do they really have no sense of creativity?/

"Oho? Since you're sooooo dissatisfied with my LAME method, how about I change it into you singing [Come Get Her] out loud instead? (~˘▾˘)~"

'On a second thought, the first idea was actually super creative! I could've never though of something as amazing as you have!'

"Aww, I actually liked the second one more~ Okay, jokes aside, I think you should check your status. Y'know like that information panel that includes everything you need to know about yourself."