Chapter 12 - First Quest With Friends

Maybe it was due to having been in this line of work for a long time and having seen many oddballs, but Briana was the first to break the silence.

"A-Alright. Since the testing stone might have been too old and have a defect, Nadina will currently be put on hold. Everyone, go and pick up your cards at the front desk from my co-worker. Nadina, you stay back with me."

'Testing stone defect?! Testing stones are made out of the highest quality ore with the purest magical elements embedded inside, so it can last for a good 100 000 years at the very least! As if we'll believe your excuse!' everyone cried in their hearts. But ultimately, this was the adventurer's guild and none of them have any rights in here, so they just had to restrain their curiosity and dejectedly walk out the door.

After everyone was gone, Briana's attitude made a 180 turn and she pounced onto Nadina like a long lost puppy would do so to its owner.

"WOOOAAAHHHH  NADDY! YOU GREW SO STRONG! THAT'S MA GIRL! Anyways, what's with that makeup? It looks so gross! Did you come up with one of your weird ideas again and drag our little Lyra into it? Hey hey, you didn't tell Nicolas who you were, did you? Mwahaha, you can't hide anything from this big sister!"

"..." Briana, I think you should quit being a receptionist and become a mind reader instead.

"Nadina??"

"Briana.. I think I'm really done for this time.."

"Ohya? Whaddya mean done for?"

I proceeded to tell her about me "Villainess Plan" and by the time I finished, Briana was already rolling on the floor laughing like a maniac high on drugs.

"Bwahahaha! As expected of Naddy, only you could come up with something as bizarre as that! So, whatcha gonna do after this?"

"Uhhhh.."

"Let me guess, you want me to deal with this, right?"

"Can you?" I asked while trying to make myself look as pitiful as possible.

"Fufufu, this kind of little matter, this big sis wouldn't be a receptionist if I couldn't!"

"Waaaahhh!Briana-nee, you're the best!"

"Hoho? Looks like you two are having fun?" A mature voice came from behind us.

"Evan-san!" I exclaimed before I could even turn around.

Even though I call Lexis an old man, he doesn't look that old. I mean, he's mentally 55 years old already, but due to his high level, his outer appearance is that of a 25 year old man. So is Evan.

Lexis and Darius are father and son, so they both have teal colored hair and light blue eyes. Actually, your eyes are supposed to reflect the element you hold, but for dual, triple, quadruple, and so on elements, you can manipulate your eye color to match one of your elements. In my case, water and ice are both blue, but of different shades, so I chose ice, which is light blue, to make myself look more domineering.

Darius didn't inherit his father's triple elements, but he has the Ice element, like me, so he's a Magic Swordsman. Magic Swordsmen are those who're proficient in both magic and swordsmanship. They're the core of every country in Sairale and they're treated like national treasures, only deployed when under an attack from an extremely powerful enemy.

Now, you may think it's really easy for any random mage out there with strong elements to go and become a Magic Swordsman. Hell naw! 99.999999999999....% of the magicians in this world were born to be so weak that they couldn't even truss up a chicken.

And before you say anything else, no, practicing does absolutely NOTHING. Genius magicians have wasted their whole lives trying to train their body to become stronger, but other than those who were born with innate strength, everyone else failed.