Chapter 6 - Slums

I feel so cold, my whole body feels weak and it's as if I got smashed by a truck..

Where am I?

I woke up and looked around the place I was currently in and I saw that I was trapped inside a metal cage with a few other children sleeping in other metal cages.

Kidnapping?!

The last thing I remember is falling asleep in the garden because it felt so nice~

Ah! That's not the problem at the moment.

I need to find a way to get out of here.

I feel too weak to do anything. Looks like they roughed me up quite a bit before they put me in this cage.

Eh? I'm wearing mana shackles? Damn it, those block my flow of magic.

Just great, I can't even heal myself anymore!

"Brothers, we caught a big fish today! It's the princess of this country!"

"Haha, I heard she had dual magic attributes and one of them is even the rare ice type!"

"We hit it big this time!"

Wow.. word of my "genius" self already spread like wildfire, huh?

I looked around in my pockets and found a magic paper sparrow that I previously created in case of emergencies.

"Fly to the guild and tell the old man and Mariana that I'm going to be fine. Ask them to go tell the people at the adventurer's guild that I won't be back for quite some time because I'm on a training mission, okay?"

I watched as the sparrow flew away and I realized that I probably should have sent that one to my parents.

Nevermind, people will get suspicious if I don't go to visit the guild and they'll probably connect it with the "the crown princess has been missing" incident that's happening right now. My identity can't be leaked or else all my hard work will be ruined.

By the way, how much time was I out for?

"Nadina, are you okay? I was so worried when I saw those people capture you! You've been sleeping for a week already! If it wasn't for the fact that I directly transferred a bit of food into your stomach, then you would have died of starvation already!"

'Damn! It's been a whole week? Where the hell am I?'

"You've just arrived at the capital of Pafizika. If you don't take this chance to (somehow) escape, then you're done for!"

'Shoot! Alright, what the heck can I do now? I'll just use the remainders of my strength and rip apart these metal bars!'

"According to my calculations, even if you've been beaten up and been force fed a weakening potion, you can still muster up 50% of your strength. That's the power of a lvl. 55 warrior! It's more than enough"

'Alright! Here goes nothing! Hiiiyaaah!'

With my two feeble looking, but strong hands I ripped apart the metal bars and walked out of the cage. I bent the bars back into the right position so it wouldn't seem suspicious. I didn't forget to leave a clone that I also made with my creation magic to buy some time. I made it so that it'll disappear upon contact with a person.

"Good One Nadina!"

'Thanks. Alright, I'm on a run now. Hey Miranda, can you help me take off these shackles?'

"Yup, that I can do~ Easy Peasy!"

'I finally got out of that damned carriage. I better change my clothes so I don't look too eye catching. Afterwards, I guess I'll start living the life of a homeless person?'