Chapter 14 - Shopping

The petite girl looked upon the figures laying on the ground and her mouth couldn't help but twitch.

'W-What the heck did I just do...?', she cried.

After she calmed down from her frenzied state, Nadia broke out in cold sweat. If she could go back in time, she'd really want to give herself a big slap on the face.

She literally broke character in front of everyone and on top of that, her vicious tongue was released and she cursed at Myers in the worst way possible.

The worst part in all that... is that she actually kicked him in the d*ck!

'Is he still okay? I mean, he was an asshole and all that, but if I broke that part, then I could be sued for the fact that little Myers will never stand up again... y'know what, I'll just erase his memory first... then say it had absolutely nothing to do with me... yeah, let's do that!'

Therefore, she proceeded to erase the memories of all that had happened just now, then replace them with ones that display a scene where they were on the verge of death, then Fen, her contracted Fenir, came out and defeated it. Everyone except for her thought that it was a wild legendary beast, and it had come to save them in the passing.

After contemplating for a while, Nadina decided not to erase the memories of Spade and Lyra because they were pretty much aware of a large portion of her secrets already.

The part about the contract was a bit troubling, so she replaced that part with one where Fen walked up to him, then told Nadina and Ace that they weren't a good match, and that the heavens wouldn't allow the two to be together. In the new set of memories, 'Nadina' was whining like a baby about the fact that she didn't want to annul the engagement, while Ace helplessly did so by force.

After she finished with the memory alteration, Nadina watched as their eyelids slowly fluttered open one by one, and sat up in confusion.

"W-where are we?", asked Liam.

Nadina answered that she was the first to wake up, then saw everyone laying on the ground. 

As everyone gradually started to recall the events that occurred, they all looked up to Fen in reverence.

"I want to aim to become someone like Master Fenir in the future!", said Ace with determination in his eyes and a rare serious expression.

"So, how are we going to explain the marriage annulment to our parents?", Nadina asked him.

"Just tell them the truth, I'm sure they'll understand it.", Ace replied in dismissal, thought deep down in his heart, he unknowingly felt respectful towards Nadina.

"Then let's leave the forest", suggested Lyra.

Everyone agreed to the proposal, as a whole day of work had really tired them out and at the moment, they seriously didn't want to do anything but plop down on a bed.

As they were walking out of the woods, everyone could tell that the forest is starting to gradually regain its vitality and the freshness that's supposed to belong to a forest is also returning.

Myers was the one who ended up holding the bad with the demon head inside. At first, he wanted to turn down the responsibility, but when he saw the threatening look in Nadina's eyes, his d*ck started to hurt and he started to shiver. Thus, all thoughts about rejection instantly dissipated and naturally, he became to one to carry the bloody sack.

The atmosphere between them was quite jittery all the way until everyone arrived outside the perimeters of the forest.

Naturally, there wouldn't be anyone around, as the outside world still thinks that the forest is a cursed area, and dare not carelessly approach it.