Chapter 4 - Royal Visit

...

Wow. Just, wow

Apparently, Mariana wanted to bring me to the testing room and I followed along, but I was greeted with the most unexpected scene... ever!

I thought the testing room would be one of those normal little rooms that had a desk in the middle and an orb laying on top, but boy was I wrong.

I was brought to this gigantic room with fancy decorations and a huge.. abnormally shaped rock laying in the middle?

Mariana walked over to the rock and said "This is the testing stone, every adventurer's guild has it. There are 4 different branches of the adventurer's guild, each ruled over by a great hero. They're located in the capitals of Frostillia, Pafizika, Forestvilla and Slypheria. Now, come over and put your hands on this tablet"

I walked over and put my hands on the tablet. It might've seen like I was listening to Mariana explain the rest of how the stone works, but my mind was thinking "Damn, what a huge stone. Too bad it's not edible"

Suddenly, the stone started to glow so brightly that I thought I was gonna go blind and after a few seconds, there were some numbers displayed on it.

100

wut?

"EHHHHHHHH??? Is the testing stone broken? No, I just tested it a few minutes ago. If it's not broken then than means..!"

LE GASP!

Mariana stared holes into me and after what felt like an eternity, she ran up to me with stars in her eyes and said "Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild! Come with me to meet the guild master."

Before I even understood what was going on, Mari directly dragged me up to the second floor and kicked open a pair of grandiose doors.

"OLD MAN! GET YO BUTT OUT HERE! I PICKED UP A JEWEL~"

"Mari! How many times have I told you not to call me old man."

"SHADDUP, THAT ISN'T IMPORTANT! COME, LOOK AT THIS KID'S RESULTS!"

The handsome middle-aged dude sitting on the couch received the papers Mariana was handing him and his eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when he read the test results.

"WHAT? LVL 100?! HOW? ARE YOU SURE THE TESTING STONE DIDN'T BREAK DOWN OR MALFUNCTION?"

"No way, I checked it a bunch of times!"

"Damn.. haha.. and she's only three.."

"That's why I told you she was a jewel"

"We have to keep the test result private. No one other than you and me knows about this right? If word gets out that a 3-year-old is level 100, who knows how many people would want to eliminate her?"

"Don't worry, no one else knows about this! I even added a special function to her card so that it'll seem like she's only F Grade, but only you and I can access the real information."

"Good"

"Ummm... I'm here too.. you know?"

They lifted their heads and stared at me as if they just realized there was a third person in the room.

"Oh right! Hey kid, since you heard all that, you must promise me to never tell anyone about how strong you are okay?"

"I don't plan to die young, thank you"

"... Hahahahah, I like you kid. Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild. Aki, right?"

"Actually..." I bit my lips because I felt guilty lying to these kind-hearted people. I secretly made a resolve in my hear to only tell these two about my real circumstances "my real name isn't Aki. It's Nadina Loctine. I'm the Crown Princess of the Loctine Family, rulers of Frostillia"