Chapter 9

We ended up sitting down and talking like normal people. Like we came from the same place. Like we were friends since the beginning of time. We would laugh and smile at each others stories. Nothing else seemed to matter at that point. Everything was perfect. At some point it grew to a comfortable silence and I started thinking. Here I am sitting with the guy who could have raped me after chasing me in a place I didn't know at all. 

After a while I felt a hand on my hand. I looked down to see it was Harry's hand and I looked at him. "Ye look beautiful." I smiled and looked back down at our hands. "Thank you." I said grabbing hold of his hand that was on mine. With his other hand he lifted my face to look at him. He didn't say anything but I knew what was going on when he started leaning forward. I to started leaning with my heart beating like crazy. Am I really about to have my first kiss? Once we were inches away I quickly remembered something. "Shit." I pulled away letting go of his hand and got up. "What?" He asked confused. "I was supposed to be at Cotillion." I started to walk away.

Harry had got up and started to follow me. "Why do you have to be there?" He asked and grabbed my hand making me face him. "Can't yeh stay a little longer?" His voice was laced with sadness and it honestly hurt but if anyone finds out I missed Cotillion to hang out with a villain on the Isle, I wouldn't just be ignored for the rest of my life but I'd probably be bullied the rest of my life for it. "Look, Harry, I wish I could but I can't." I felt his grip loosen and let go of my hand. I bit my lip and went on with leaving to the limo that was waiting for me the whole time to go back to Auradon. Tears slowly leaving my eyes as I remembered how Harry's face saddened and the feeling of his hand leave mine. 

We are just too different to be together and the world just doesn't want us together. We don't belong together.