Chapter 10

The night was dialing down. I had got to Cotillion just a few minutes before it ended and for some odd reason everything and everyone was soaking wet. I don't know what the heck I missed but I am positive I will find out later tonight or tomorrow. I was presently surprised that no one cared to ask me where I was but then again hardly anyone talked to me anyways. Although, Evie kept eyeing me throughout the rest of Cotillion giving me the look of 'We-need-to-talk-later'. She was for some reason almost always on my case when I was up to something. It was honestly quite irritating but I couldn't do anything. I tried once and she never listened to me and kept doing her thing.

Once Cotillion officially ended I tried to run to my room before Evie could get to me but somehow Evie had found her way to my room before I could. She was waiting for me right in front of the door. I stopped and tried to go the other way thinking I could come back later but she noticed me, yelled out my name, and I had no choice but to turn around with my shoulders slumped and a frown on my face. I slowly made my way to her, opened the door and immediately she dragged me in. "Where have you been?!" I didn't want to answer her and just went to my bathroom to change out of the dress and into some shorts and a t-shirt. After I walked out and sat on my bed.

"You went to the Isle, didn't you?" Feeling ashamed for some reason I kept my head on my lap and nodded. I heard her sigh and felt her sit in front of me. She took my hand into hers. "Look at me." Her voice softened from the motherly aspects from earlier. I did end up looking at her. "Why did you go back?" My eyes suddenly teared up as I remembered the sad look on Harry's face. I bit my lip trying to hold back the tears that threatened to pour. "I-I-I" I chocked on my own words and sniffled. The look on Evie's face softened to a look of sympathy. Goosebumps began to form on my arms and legs. Why can't I just tell her the reason I was there? "You were with Harry, right?"