Chapter 14

After I said that Audrie had stopped by but she wasn't her usual self. No, she looked like a villain. She also had the crown and Maleficent's staff. I guess she was the one who stole them from the museum. Chad had managed to get her to let him on her side and then she started to sing the 'Happy Birthday' song and everyone started to fall asleep by the pink smoke that would appear. I grabbed ahold of Jane and ran for the enchanted lake. I didn't know what else to do. My mind was running wild and I couldn't think straight. Luckily Jane hand a plan. "Hold your breath and go under water." I nodded and we waited until the smoke started to close in on us. "Now." 

We ducked under. The smoke went over us and disappeared. We saw Audrie and Chad disappear as well before coming back up. I gasped for air and made my way out of the lake. "What the hell just happened?" I asked as Jane came to join me. "I don't know but we have to worn Ben." I nodded. Even if Ben isn't on my list of people that I like right now, he is the king and we can't not tell him what is going on. Jane got up and went to her stuff, grabbed her phone and dialed Ben's number. 

"No, don't come, listen everyone fell asleep."

"Audrie stole the crown and scepter."

She hung up. "Okay now what can we do about this?" She asked looking around. I looked too. Trying to think. Then my eyes landed on the lake. "Hey Jane?" "Yeah?" She walked over to me and looked in the same direction I was looking. "Do you think the enchanted lake could do something?" I looked at her and she shrugged. "Wouldn't hurt to try." We made our way to the lake and picked up some water squirters. With those we scooped up some water and went to two different people to see if we could wake them up. However, they didn't. "Maybe they only work on people who aren't sleeping?"