Chapter 13

They took off and we all watched as the new VK's got in the limo and made their way through the barrier. Hades showed up and Mal turned into this 'magnificent dragon', hint the sarcasm, they had a little brawl. Mal literally blew Hades away and then they made their way back. Here in Auradon everyone panicked and scattered. I stayed. I don't know why I did but I just couldn't turn away from the scene. I sat down on the podium and waited for their return. My hope fading away as they arrived and slowly one by one, got out of the limo. My hope completely vanished when they shut the door and no Harry in sight. I got up ready to leave and go back to my room when Mal called out to me. "Y/n, would you like to join us to Jane's party?"

"Why would I do that Mal?" I turned around. "So that you could all shove your happy lives in my face to make my life even more miserable than it already is? I don't think so." I turned around and finally got to leave but not without hearing a 'What's up with her?' I finally got to my room and got dressed in something nice for her party. I wanted to try to look like I wasn't a train wreck but everyone already knew that I was. 

*Time Skip*

I got to Jane's party and met up with her. She seemed worried and kept looking around. Chad was with her. "Maybe it's like an Isle thing. Maybe they don't have birthdays on the Isle." She said as she looked at Chad. "I don't think you have to worry about that." I said in a small-ish voice. Chad ended up ignoring what I said and kept bugging Jane. Jane soon got tired of him and pointed to a group who was taking selfies. I smiled a bit. He's a goof. I looked back at Jane and she looked right into my eyes. "Do you really think he's coming?" Her voice was laced with worry. "Jane, this is Carlos we're talking about. He loves you to much to miss your birthday."