Musicians with Benefits|Coliel|Movieverse

Darn, this is the first time I'm writing anything ship exclusive for stuff other than Jaya. So this is going to be interesting... XD

Also, please for the love of Jaya ignore the title. I know a thing or two about music but I'm terrible at music-related titles XD.

Two more things: Number one, I'm a bit busy right now, so the cover might be a bit delayed. And Number two, I'm waiting for the suggestions in the first chapter to pile up so that I can have lots of options once I eventually pick a few!

Also, this one's a bit shorter, because I didn't really have any time... :/

Without further to do, enjoy this!

Third POV

It was yet another day in Ninjago City. Everything was peaceful ever since the incident. For the citizens, at least. The five Ninja, (well, mostly Lloyd), were finally respected by everyone. A bit too much for their own liking. To the point where Lloyd avoided being spotted. He went from wanting to be noticed to wanting to be invisible in a span of a few days, and the rest noticed that, occasionally teasing him about his situation.

The rest took it rather well. Kai seemed to enjoy the fame way more than Lloyd, with Zane right beside him to control his pride. Jay was still shy as always, and without Kai or Zane to help him, he turned to Cole and Nya for help. Well, mostly Nya, since Cole was too busy showing off his music to every person in the school. He had "to take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts", as he said.

But that opportunity was about to reach its peak today, as the principal of the school himself asked him to provide them with music for the end of year party. He, of course, couldn't deny the offer, staying up all weekend to create the best tunes possible. He hadn't seen the others at all these past few days just to stay focused.

That was hard considering his father's constant interruptions and criticism over the kind of music he made. His father was always about classical and jazz music, compared to him. But even with that immense pressure, he finished them. They were perfect in his eyes.

"Dad! Dad! Where are my disks?!" Cole panicked, running around the house.

His father sighed. "In my office, I believe. You had been working all night there not letting me do my job, remember?" he narrowed his eyes, not looking up from his newspaper.

Cole mouthed a quick "Thanks" before rushing to his dad's office. He opened every drawer and cabinet, only to see a stack of disks on the top of his desk. He facepalmed, opening his backpack and quickly shoving them into his backpack. He ran out of the house without even saying goodbye, running towards the bus.

He needed to chase it for a little while, but he eventually managed to get the driver's attention and jump in. The bus was crowded, and there was no sight of the others. Finding only one free seat next to an unfamiliar girl, he sat down, letting a sigh of relief.

He turned his head to take a closer look at the girl out of curiosity. She looked out the window and didn't seem to notice him. She was wearing a white t-shirt along with ripped jeans and simple black snickers. Her hair, which was dyed pink with a single blue streak, covered the side of her face.

He lightly tapped her shoulder in hopes of starting a conversation but was soon embarrassed once he noticed she was wearing headphones the entire time. She took them off, turning to face him. Her face seemed rather surprised as well, proving she hadn't noticed him sitting next to her.

"Hey," Cole said, "what are you listening to?" He tried to break the awkward silence.

She simply put one of her earbuds in Cole's ear, still not saying a word. Cole nodded his head to the beat, a grin slowly forming on his lips.

"Woah, this is awesome! Which band is it?" He asked, still amazed by the music.

"It's a little tune I made," she replied in a casual tone.

Cole leaned back, almost shooting the earbud out of his ear. " You made this?! This is awesome!" He gasped.

The girl rose a brow. "Thanks, I guess."

"I make music too," he shyly added. "Want to listen to it?"

She nodded her head, much to Cole's excitement. He dug his hand into his backpack, pulling as many disks as he could possibly hold. His pride slowly faded the moment he looked at them, seeing the titles on each of them.

"The Art of Class? Huh, didn't have you for a person who writes classical music," she said.

"No, no, no!" Cole panicked. "These are my dad's disks! I have to present them to the principal today!" He got even more miserable when he didn't hear any response from her.

He shyly looked at her, only to see she had already pulled out a laptop out of her backpack, focusing on the screen.

"Here," she placed her laptop on Cole's lap. "We'll work with what we have here. We better be fast if we want to finish before we arrive."

Cole's eyes widened. "You want to make music here?! We're never going to make it in time!" He said, taken aback.

"We will if you hurry up," she shot back. "We'll work with what we have. Now come on, we have to be quick."

The ride seemed longer than it really was, probably due to the constant stress they both had. They worked their butts off the whole ride and spoke so loudly other people on the bus started to notice them, occasionally giving them curious glances.

Even Cole felt bad in the end, having to give up one of his father's tunes in order to transfer the music into the disk.

"It's actually... good! Wow... I- I can't thank you enough!" Cole squealed.

"No problem," she said, "I'm Seliel, by the way," she offered a hand.

"Cole," she shook her hand, smiling.

They were both interrupted by a sudden stop, noticing that the bus had stopped right at the school's entrance.

"Looks like our stop is here," Seliel said. "You coming?"

Cole excitedly nodded, running after her.

~*~

"Well. This is.. surprising. I must say, it's quite different from your usual style," the principal said, handing the disk back to Cole.

"I had some help," she smiled at Seliel, who sat beside him. "So.. do you like it?"

They got more and more nervous seeing the principal's strict look, but let out a sigh of relief seeing a smile form his lips. "I love it! No offense Cole, but you two make better music as a duo, in my opinion. You need to keep that in mind when finishing the track."

"Will do," Cole grinned, as both him and Seliel started to exit the principal's office.

"Oh, and Cole," the principal called after him. "Since you two have already met, would you mind giving our transfer student a tour?"

Cole gasped. "You're a transfer student? Now it all makes sense!" He facepalmed but felt better for not recognizing her. He turned back to Seliel, grinning.

"Do you want to?" He asked nervously. Even if she was an acquaintance, it still seemed hard to ask her anything or make out words for that matter.

"With pleasure," she smirked.

Told you this was going to be a short one XD.

But I hope you enjoyed!

C ya!