A Valentine's 'Not so Date' Date| Valentine's Day Jaya AU

⚠So. This is the first oneshot I ever wrote. And because I posted it in my sketch book and blog, you might not have seen it. Plus, I didn't know grammar back then so there's that. Hope you enjoy it more now!⚠

Ah, yes. Shipping Day. We always start with the OTP. And I think I found a pretty neat way to cover it up. Now, I could consider this a Movie Jaya, but it's more like an AU Jaya.

Writing Canon stuff is hard ;-;.

Also excuse me if the ending doesn't make any sense, I just wanted to add in some more Jaya fluff *ω*.

Jay's POV

'Where is she?' I thought to myself. I've been sitting here for a while now and she still hasn't showed up. I have been planning this date for like a week. I just hope it's nothing serious.

I decided that it was finally time to check my phone and text her. I pulled it out of my pocket, only to see that I had got new notifications, some of them being from social media. I got through my emails and stuff, but when I got to the media part, I saw her.. With another dude.. Freaking kissing. That picture was posted 10 minutes ago.. And I have been waiting here for almost an hour. 'Great..' I let out a sigh as I angrily closed my phone.

"Uh.. Sir..? Are you waiting for someone..?" I heard a voice ask me as I saw a waiter question me, looking kind of awkwardly. I looked around to see that people were starting to give me some weird looks, as I tried to hide my awkwardness. Though before I could answer, a familiar figure came up to me, looking pretty nervous.

"Hey babe..! Sorry I'm late! You haven't been waiting long, have you?" She quickly rushed to sit down, as the waiter smiled.

"I'll come later to take your order." She nodded as the waiter went back to the kitchen.

I was dead confused by this point, so I tried to get it together and speak. "Nya? What are you doing here?" I questioned her as she slightly grinned. Nya and I are mostly sorta friends, as I only know her as Kai's younger sister. Kai and I are pretty close friends, though I rarely go to his house for projects and stuff, as we mostly hang out at the park. So seeing even one member of his family here, it almost seemed impossible to me.

"Oh just.. walking around, I guess..!" Her tone of voice quickly changed to an excited, yet anxious one. "I was passing by when I saw you akwardly standing there and I just came in to say hi!" She exclaimed. "Oh and the 'babe' part, well, I just thought that you were waiting for someone!" She chuckled.

"Thanks, I guess. But I really have to get going now. It was nice seeing you though." I sighed, getting up from my seat. I looked back once more, to see that she was pretty mad at me, when she finally snapped.

"You won't let this stupid person ruin your night! Come on! It's Valentine's Day! Just have fun!" She crossed her arms, making some people stare at us.

"Fine then, what should I do alone on Valentine's when every one of my friends is out with their loved ones, or just don't care at all?" I raised a brow, waiting for her answer.

"We can hang out together! I mean, as friends! It will be fun.. Right?" She asked, akwardly rubbing the back of her neck. And.. here come the puppy eyes. Just as I expected.. 'Don't say yes, don't say yes..'

"Yeah, why not?" I mentally facepalmed so hard I could almost feel the hit. I really have to practice on saying no someday. I guess I should take that as an opportunity to relax a bit. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Nya and even though I don't see her very often, she's quite good company. And I even feel bad for her wanting to cheer me up, especially wasting her time on it. If I'll be wasting her time, might as well make up for it.