The Monastery (2/2)

Heyyy, Happy Halloween/Day of the Departed! It's actually the 31st today, so yay!

By the way, you know I love my fluffy kid Jaya 😉.

Let's continue with this, shall we?

(Also yes, DotD in this universe falls on a Friday too this year XD)

Third POV

Jay's POV

"Want to go to my house to count the candy? Ma made pumpkin pie~!" I told Cole, giving him a nudge of the shoulder. He couldn't resist any sort of cake or pie my ma made and we both knew it. Plus, I wanted to convince him to stay the night.

Since it was a Friday, that meant we had three days with no school. Well, we did go to school, we just didn't do a lesson. Dr. Julien was nice enough to let us have a party in the classroom.

"Fine..." Cole sighed in defeat. Oh right. "Will it have whipped cream on it too?" He asked out of curiosity, to which I responded with a laugh and a nod.

Passing through the houses, we didn't bother to knock on their door, although they did give us weird looks at times. It's fine though, we were getting closer and closer to the Monastery!

We kept walking and walking, but luckily we didn't have to do any sudden stops (well, except that one time we had to go, but that's another story), and we soon arrived in the surrounding area. We could already see the hill where the Monastery stood.

And we were finally there. The Monastery. Well, kind off.

"So, how long do you think it'll take us to get there?" Coke asked out of the blue.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Probably a few minutes. I mean, how bad can the legends be, really?"

Coke raised a brow. "Well, the legend doesn't only say about the stairs. According to it, the old man living there is a ghost."

Okay, that was creepier than expected. I couldn't help but get chills down my spine. But I mean, ghosts don't exist, right? "L-let's just go..." I said, cursing myself for stuttering.

"Is someone scared~?" Cole teased me.

"What! Of course I'm not scared!" I exclaimed, walking up the stairs even faster, even skipping a few steps.

"Oh, come on, wait up!"

~•~

Nya's POV

"Boo!" I shouted behind Kai, tightly grabbing his shoulders.

"This is the third time you've done this and I haven't screamed once. What makes you think it'll work this time?" Kai raised a brow and smirked at me as he continued walking.

He's never fun on Halloween, he never gets scared! Ever! Yeah, he hates pranks and stuff, but he could at least pretend to like my scares! It would be nice if someone actually appreciated my scares for once.

But it's fine, we're going to the Monastery and that's all that matters. Hey, maybe we'll find some friends there. We can't be the only ones that are going, right? And some new friends would be nice; especially for Kai. I'm his younger sibling, so he's my best friend. But he doesn't have anyone older than him to hang out with. Who's going to be his best friend?

"We're here, kitty," Kai said. I snapped back to reality and looked at him, but he just pointed forward. I looked again, only to see the stairs of the Monastery.

"We're here already?!" I asked, surprised. Kai just nodded and started running up the stairs.

"Race you to the top?" He asked, winking. I smirked, running behind him as well.