Chapter 8

"He is just acting like... I dunno. He isn't mute, he talked so why didn't he talk to me?! "

Kirstie dropped onto the couch next to Nicole, who she invited over to talk to, as she ranted on about the café.

"Kirst, do you know what he's been through? "

"I mean... Yeah we all do-"

"No. Do you know what he's been through, Kirstie? He's been to hell and back within six months. Put yourself in his shoes. Imagine if you were raped by your ex and they made you pregnant and your boyfriend was accusing you of cheating and made others believe that you cheated all while you're being blackmailed and threatened into silence because your attacker knows you won't go home with them and this continues for months until one of your friends find all the messages between you all and tells you boyfriend and as a retaliation, your ex kidnaps you and stabs you in an attempt to kill you and kills your unborn child and that's when everyone is like 'Oh so she didn't cheat! '. How would that make you feel? You would loose trust in everyone. You can't talk to them even though you want to because it's so hard. You would be traumatized by everything that happened to you and everyone trying to talk and make it up to you but there's one person holding you back from feeling any better because they don't understand what it's like, they can't seem to try and understand what you've been through, they can't wait for you, they only seem to demand things from you and they'll get upset when they don't get it and get upset. They'll yell, say things they don't mean, call you names... Kit, that's what you did to him. He's not going to want to talk to you. You've pushed him back. His recovery has been set back by you because you don't know how to handle trauma, you just do what you will even if that means hurting them. He didn't want to talk then, you shouldn't have tried to force him and get mad about it. Hell, you sounded like Daniel from what you told me. "

Kirstie let it all sink in. Nicole was right, she really hadn't thought about it. She didn't know what she was doing or supposed to do. She didn't know how to deal with it so she just snapped and scared the poor man as a result.

"i really messed up didn't i? "

"big time, girly. "

"Then what do I do to fix it? "

"Apologize. He's probably scared of you right now so don't try and go to him yet. But you really should one day... "

Nicole's phone rang and she answered, leaving the room to let Kirstie think about what happened between her and her bandmate. Nicole came back just as she had finished thinking.

"Well? "

"I messed up badly and I really need to apologize. I just don't know how to handle trauma. I can handle depression but not trauma. "

"Save the excuses, Kit. I don't think any of the boys can handle trauma but Kevin because he lives with Avi. But they did a better job than you did. But its good that you wanna apologize. I should head out. Bye Kirst. "

"Bye Nic. "