Chapter 9

Avi was walking down the street towards Kaplan-Olusola house, which is currently Olusola, to go talk to the man since he said he wanted to talk to him but he didn't know what for. Maybe to discuss their relationship. He dunno. But he did know that he was nervous and scared. What if he called him over just to judge him. The white door with the number 28 plated in gold and a door bell. After ringing that door bell, he stood back and it swung open to reveal the man he once trusted.

"Come in. "

He stepped back and let Avi enter the house, he walked into their once shared bedroom and sat on the bed before Kevin came in with two cups of tea and handed one to Avi.

"thank you. "

Kevin sat next to him.

"So... talk to me. How are you? "

"better than I was. Esther's been looking after me and Darien is helping. Mitch came to talk to me two days before the meet up. He apologized to me. "

"Scott? Kirstie? "

"nothing... "

"Hey look, I know you don't trust me at the moment but I just needed to talk to you. I am really sorry. I know what I said hurt you and I can't take it back and if I wasn't so ignorant and protected you, you could be a fath- or mother right now to a beautiful little girl but I ruined that didn't I? I know you don't want me around but I wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry about what I did to you and what he did to you and I promise that after today I'll do my best to protect you as much as I can and--"

"kevin wait... "

Avi placed both hands on the mans chest, stopping his rant and train of thought altogether.

"it's ok. i don't mind all that anymore, i mean, feeling better is what's on my mind right now. getting over the past 8 months is what I need to focus on. i can't deal with others trying to sabotage my progress. i need to focus on what's good for me and me alone. i can't have others trying to harm me in anyway. my mental sanity is low and my metal health is real bad. "

"mental health setbacks? " (hate calling them mental health issues/problems)

"depression, ptsd, anxiety. "

"i'm so sorry. i made it worse i know. "

"you did but, unlike daniel, you can make it better. meds and therapy don't fix anything, they just try to make you feel better but and up failing miserable.  "

"i know, and i'll try to help you as much as i can, i can't protect you from everything and i damn well wish i could. but i'll do everything in my power to protect you. "

He opened his arms towards him, Avi looked at him before slowly leaning into his arms. He held him in his arms, the smaller man melting into the warm touch of his boyfriend. The touch he had been craving from him for months. The overwhelming feel of love gave Kevin the confidence to tilt the younger's head up and plant a kiss on his lips. It was soft yet loving and Avi loved every second of it. The brunette broke the kiss and looked at his lover.

"thank you... for trying... and succeeding. "

Kevin smiled down at him.

"you're welcome.. always. "

He pulled Avi into his arms and kept him there.

"You know. I wasn't going to move back anytime soon but since I forgive you. I might move back sooner that expected. "

Kevin pulled away from him.

"Don't rush yourself. Stay with Esther for the time being. Move back when it's right. "

Avi s and stared for a minute. If Kevin was really desperate he would've encouraged Avi's rapid decision making but instead told him to take his time and not to rush into things like this.

"you... you really do care for me don't you, kev? "

"yeah, i really do. "

He kissed him one last time before standing.

"Do you want something to eat? "

"No... No I'm good thanks. I should get going. "

Avi went to walk out the room but was stopped by Kevin grabbing his hand.

"Let me walk you? "

A light blush appeared on Avi cheeks.

"y-yes please. thank you. "

Kevin grabbed their coats before kissing the smaller male's cheek whilst he led them out.

"you are forever welcome. "

"and i am forever grateful. "

They walked in a comfortable silence with Avi snuggled into Kevin and Kevin's arm around his waist, receiving some judgmental glances from people, but they couldn't care less because they really did love each other. They reach the door step and Kevin opened the door for his boyfriend to go in, which he gladly did.  Avi turned to face Kevin.

"thanks for walking me, kev. "

"anytime. "

The two shared a short yet sweet kiss before Avi shut the door, leaving kevin to walk back to his home.