Chapter Nine :: Teams

It had been weeks since you left Kakashi's apartment. Hinata has stopped by every single day for the last week when she noticed you were holed up in your place, sulking away.

"You need to go out and get some sun." Hinata exclaimed.

"No, leave me alone." You insisted. You kept yourself locked up in your room and only left to make a samdwjch (which was twice a day) or to go to the bathroom. You've showered at least four times during this time period as well (I know, that's nasty but you're depressed right now during this cause of Lady Tsunade).

What really upset you more was Kakashi never came to check up on you. There were nights you cursed at him through a pillow cause he never came to see if you were alright. You were convinced now that he was only using you to satisfy your needs and you hated him a lot for making you give yourself up like that.

Hinata was making an actual dinner for you while you sulked in your bedroom, staring at the ceiling. You could smell the food Hinata was cooking, and felt your stomach growl, but didn't leave the spot.

"___, supper's almost done!" Hinata called out.

"I'm not hungry." You lied, turning to your side so your back faced the door.

"___, I have had it!" Hinata dipped your door open. "Get out of bed. Now."

"Or what?" You scoffed.

"The new kids just had their exams today and were given their teachers, and if three kids have to be reassigned to someone else because you can't take care of yourself first, then I'm disappointed in you."

"Oh, so you think I'm sensitive too, huh?" You day up, glaring at her.

"I'm worried about you!" Hinata explained. "You've literally been holed up in your apartment for weeks, you barely leave your room, and Kakashi keeps asking about you-"

You laughed and laid back down, facing away. "Kakashi asked about me? Of course he'll do that and not check up on me!"

"___. Get out of bed before I drag you out." Hinata warned.

"You wouldn't." You challenged.

Suddenly you felt a pair of arms grab you and yanked you on the floor, hard. You tried fighting back, but Hinata was dodging your strikes easily. "You're even slowing down, ___." Hinata pointed out. "I'm not using my eyes to predict your movements."

You lied on the ground and started crying again. "I'm a failure!"

"No you're not!" Hinata pulled you to your feet before hugging you. "You're strong and beautiful and you're going to prove Lady Tsunade that she was wrong to misjudge you when you train your first team tomorrow, right?"

You wiped the tears away and nodded, "Right." Back at Hinata.

She smiled up at you before pulling you after her to the kitchen. "I made your favorite; chicken miso soup with eggplant."

You smiled warmly at the smell of the dish while Hinata sat you down and gave you a bowl with chopsticks. You gilded it down almost immediately while Hinata was only finishing her first bite. Guess you were starving like a stray animal and you didn't realize it till now.

After enjoying a night with Hinata, she asked you for the tenth time if you were gonna be fine. "Yes, I will be okay." You reassured her, not even irritated.

"Okay," Hinata smiles at you. "I'm gonna be back here tomorrow to make sure you have a good breakfast and get ready! You gotta look like a role model for these kids when you meet them!"

You nodded and hugged her goodbye before locking the door. You sighed and went to your room before crawling into bed. You attempted to fall asleep, but couldn't due to how warm it was. You opened the window a bit to let the cool air in and fell asleep peacefully.