Chapter Twenty-Eight :: The Paper

** Kakashi's POV

Kakashi was watching Airi walk through the forest, jumping from tree branch to tree branch. Lady Tsunade ordered him to follow Airi around and inform her on any suspicious activity that happens. So far, nothing has happened.

Maybe she's a normal person? Kakashi thought before he noticed Airi stopped moving. He quickly hid into some leaves and peered through an opening, taking in the scenery; there was a beautiful lake surrounded by marsh and some flowers. Hewatched Airi carefully as she sat down and criss-crossed her legs. She began meditating again, except Kakashi could hear her speaking a weird language.

Suddenly, a bubble of water floated above the surface and a face was revealed. "Anything new, Airi?" He asked.

"No, sir. The Hokage has kept me locked up in a room at their head quarters." Airi responded back. "How much longer do I have to wait until warriors come?"

"Just another day or two," the male voice spoke. "You need to keep the news about Yamato to yourself; Asami-San cannot know that he passed away some time after dropping her off."

"It would've been easier if I just told the Hokagethe truth," Airi scoffed. "I am going to be her new teacher, anyways."

"No, Airi-San; we must keep the news of his death low until we find the ninja responsible for killing him." The male insisted. "For now, still use the excuse of him being on a mission. Asami needs to focus on training and not where her trainer is."

"Which reminds me," Airi asked, really getting Kakashi's attention. "Have you heard of (your last name) ___, Haru?"

"You are better off not knowing just yet." The male voice - Kakashi expecting it to be this Haru character - insisted. "I will explain when you come back. But for now, keep your head low until our warriors come."

Airi sighed and nodded before bowing goodbye and clapped her hands. The bubble disappeared as Airi threw her hands up in the air. "Of course he keeps it from me!" She scoffed, standing up. She dusted the dirt off her kimono before turning her back to the lake and began walking back the direction she came from. Kakashi watched and followed quietly, being sure not to make any sound.

Suddenly, Kakashi almost fell out of a branch when he saw Airi sitting on a branch he was about to land on. "Why are you following me?" She asked calmly.

"I'm not. My students are on a mission to catch me." Kakashi lied, trying hard not to make eye contact with Airi.

"Kakashi-San, I know you're lying." She chuckled, standing up. She walked down the branch towards the tree trunk, her arms sticking out of her sides to balance herself. "Tell me, how is your relationship going with ___-San?"

"Why do you wanna know?" Kakashi asked, jumping into that tree branch.

Airi tunes around, facing him. "Something tells me you deserve better than her."

"She's the only one I want." Kakashi firmly said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Why does my relationship ship with ___ concern you?"

Airi walked up to Kakashi until she was only a few inches away. "Kashi, don't forget about the summer we spent together a couple years ago." She purred, her ice blue eyes locking into Kakashi's one black eye.

"We were young adults as I didn't know any better." Kakashi took a step back. "I'm a Jonin now with a beautiful girl by my side; I couldn't ask for anything better."

Airi frowned before pulling out a piece of paper. "Don't you remember this, Kashi?" She asked, putting a sweet face on herself.

Kakashi glared at it before trying to snatch it out of Airi's hands, only for Airi to hide it behind her back. "You need to get rid of that." He insisted. "And not say anything to ___."

"Well why?" Airi demanded. "You promised me a long time ago that once you were done with the ANUB (whatever the fuck that group is called), you would marry me and live with me in the tribe! We wrote it on a piece of paper!"

"Paper that only foolish people would keep for so many years." Kakashi rolled his eyes. "Honestly, do you even know why I left the Tribe?"

"Yeah. Cause my father wouldn't allow it." Airi pulled his face to hers, pulling him close till they were inches away. "But he's dead now. I'm sure you heard of it. Come back to the tribe with me; forget about ___-San And Asami; it'll just be the both of us forever."

Kakashi pulled her hand away from his jaw and stood up. "I'm sorry, but my heart already decided on ___, and I'm not going to ruin that."

Before Airi could make another comment, Kakashi hurried back to the village. Airi watched him, smirking, as she folded the paper up and tucked it into her sleeve.

"Oh you wait, Kashi. You'll have no other choice but to come back to the Tribe." She smirked, an evil grin stretching from ear to ear.