Chapter Twenty-Four :: Waking Up

*Kakashi's POV

It had been about three weeks since __\ got beaten up badly by Miyuki. Because of that, Miyuki was banished from Hidden Leaf and forbidden to come back, or else she would be killed on sight, and Kakashi hadn't eaten much since the incident. Every day, the head doctor, Chieko, would check up on ___ at least three times and it's been the same news each time.

"She's still stable, nothing's changed."

Kakashi had been buying ___ flowers every single day and tucking it into a jar another nurse got for them out of kindness. He never leaves her side until nighttime - due to Chieko's visitation rules - but he still swatched her in a tree branch near your window. He's the first person to enter the room once visiting hours started and he's the last person to leave when they end.

"Kakashi, May I speak with you?" Chieko got his attention, snapping him back into reality.

Kakashi followed her out of the room, confused and worried. "Is everything okay?" He asked once the curtain was shut.

Chieko nodded with a small smile. "Oh yes, everything's fine. I just wanted to let you know that this morning before you came she was starting to stir and was speaking."

Kakashi's face lit up with happiness. "Really? What did she say?"

"She was asking for you," Chieko tucked the clipboard closer to her chest. "She would say your name, but she also would say 'help me' - I presume she has nightmares from the beating Miyuki did on her."

Kakashi nodded before hearing something fall in the room. Both him and Chieko ran in and saw ___ sitting up in bed, panting hard.

"K-Kakashi??" ___ freaked out, trying to rip the tubes off of her. Machines started going off while she demanded to be taken off.

"Hey, Hey, ___, it's okay!" Kakashi grabbed your hands and stopped her, making eye contact. "You're in the hospital. It's okay. I'm here now. I always have been."

___ gave him a confused look. "Why am I in the hospital?"

"Miyuki did a number on you." He explained, trying not to upset you even more. "You were hospitalized for a while, but everything's been good since you were asleep."

___ smiled softly as nurses ran in and saw why the machines were going off. "I want to go home." ___ spoke after a little bit.

"We have to check your charts and see how you're doing," Chieko stepped up beside Kakashi. "If all looks well, you could be discharged this afternoon. Otherwise another week at most."

"A week?" ___ frowned. "Kakashi, how long have I been out?"

Kakashi gulped and hesitated before answering, "Three weeks; today."

"Three weeks!?" ___ freaked out again, making some of the machines start beeping.

"Hey, it's okay! You're awake now! You didn't miss much!" Kakashi reassured her, stopping the machines from going off. "I'm here, don't worry. Nothing's gonna hurt you."

___ nodded and relaxed while Chieko gently placed her hands on her chest and closed her eyes. "This will be a minute." Kakashi stared at ___'s (eye color) eyes and gave her his signature closed eye smile. "We'll go home and I'll make us some ramen after all of this is over."

Chieko stood back and nodded at Kakashi. "She's free to go. I'll have Goro come in and help her get off of these machines."

"Thank you." Kakashi nodded before turning his attention back to ___. "You ready to go home?"

___ shrugged and looked at her hands folded in her lap. "I-Is Miyuki still around?" She muttered.

"She was arrested and sat in jail until her court date, which was a few days ago," kakashi reassured her. "Lady Tsunade has banished her from the hidden leaf village and her students are now under mentor ship of an experienced Jonin."

"What about my kids?" ___ freaked out.

"It's fall break for them now," Kakashi chuckled. "Don't worry. I've been taking care of them when you aren't able too. They're still getting training in."

___ nodded while Goto entered the room and started turning the machines off. "How are we feeling, ___-San?"

___ nodded as she watched Goro take the machine parts off of her and roll them away. Kakashi sighed a clipboard Chieko handed to him and helped ___ to her feet. "Let's go!" He smiled with joy, making ___ smile in return.

"Kakashi?" She asked as they walked out of the medic building.

"Yeah?"

"Can you carry me home?" ___ asked out of the blue.

Kakashi nodded and lifted her up bridal style, making ___ blush. He started running back, ___ clinging onto him so she wouldn't fall off, and relaxed when they reached his apartment building. "Let's get you inside." Kakashi insisted as he set ___ down gently.

That was when a voice broke out. "Kakashi, can I have a minute with ___?" Iruka asked.

Kakashi stood there while ___ hid behind him, peering over his shoulder. "That depends. In private or am I able to stand here too?"

"It doesn't matter," Iruka looked at the ground. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything. I should've never got involved with Miyuki, and when we were together I should've listened to you when you told me to kick her out. I'm sorry, ___-San."

___ looked up at Kakashi before looking back at Iruka. "I don't think she wants to talk to you right now, Iruka." Kakahi spoke for her. "You May discuss with her on this another time, but right now she needs to relax and gain her energy back."

Iruka nodded and left with his shoulders launched over as Kakashi brought ___ into the apartment. He led her to his room and grabbed a pair of sweats and a T-shirt of his. "You can put these on; I'll make us lunch." He smiled at ___ softly before pulling his mask down and kissing her forehead.

**Your POV

When Kakashi left, you stared at the clothes given to you and changed into them quickly before leaving, seeing Kakashi take his uniform vest off and slinging it over the back of the chair. You leaned against the wall at the edge of the hallway and watched him.

You were scared to do anything else but sit back and let Kakashi take care of you. You were afraid that someone else was going to turn their back against you and attack you like what Miyuki did. The worst part about it was you and Miyuki were inseparable; there was nothing that could separate the two of you.

Maybe it was pure jealousy that finally got her to snap at you like that? You always have been better than her at everything; she was the seventh person named during the ceremony a few months back, which put her somewhere in the middle of the class ranking. You were always fighting against Kakashi for the top spot.

"Kakashi?" You muttered, looking up at him after zoning out. "Do you think Miyuki will come after me?"

"No, she's been banished from the village and was warned that if she was sighted on the territory she would be killed on sight." Kakashi assured her, walking over. "Why?"

You bit the inside of your lip, looking at your feet. "Will you turn your back against me?"

"___, the last thing I will have happen is for you to die." Kakashi places his hands gently on her shoulders. "You are so strong and beautiful; nothing will EVER make me go against you. Ever."

You smiled as tears fell down your face and hugged Kakashi. "Thank you."

"I love you, ___," he kissed the top of your head. "I always have. I always will. And nothing will make me change my mind about you."

"I love you too, Kakashi." You nuzzled yourself into his neck as he tightened his arms around you comfortably.