Chapter Thirty-Four :: The Name

It had been over a month since you broke up with Kakashi. You haven't seen him around the village, but you expected to see him at the meeting tonight regarding Asami.

The meeting was gonna have you, Lady Tsunade, Kakashi, Asami, two of the best guards for the Southern Tribe, and their leader himself. You were nervous as to what would happen, especially since you've been putting off talking to Asami's uncle about her biological father.

It was an hour before the meeting before you stood up from the table, getting Hinata's attention. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to speak to Asami's uncle." You stated.

"Really?" She stood up as you walked to the door. "I thought you were just gonna put it off-"

"I was." You interrupted. "But I can't. I need to show Kakashi that I don't need him to be me."

You felt her hand gently placed on your shoulder and looked at her. "I know you, y/n, more than anyone," she smiled softly before getting concerned. "But don't you think you should talk to him about the whole situation. I still think there was a misunderstanding between the both of you."

You shook your head. "He needs to understand that I am not someone to be controlled. After this mission and how these events with Asami will turn out, it'll show him that I'm a better ninja than he is."

Hinata shook her head before taking a step back. "Fine. But something tells me that there's more than what everyone thinks."

You shrugged off her comment and left after saying goodbye. You walked straight to the noodle hut ad saw the red-haired man close the shop down. "Hey Jiro, you have a second?" You called out, getting his attention.

From ten feet away you could smell noodles and sweat, thick made you gag. For Kakashi to think you would sleep with this man was unforgivable.

"What's up?" He asked, staring you down. He had a good two feet on you.

"I have a question that I've been curious about for a while now." You asked. "Who's Asami's bio-"

"Look, I promised my sister that I wouldn't tell a soul." He interrupted, turning away. "Everyone in the village always talks about Asami and who her father is, but my sister was so ashamed and scared to say she only told me and I swore to her I would never tell a soul."

You sighed and blinked slowly up at him, deciding to try your luck charm. "You can't even tell me, one of the highest ranking jonin's of the lead village?" You cooed.

You saw sweat bead down his face and mentally gagged. You couldn't believe you were doing this.

He adjusted the collar of his shirt before sighing. "You know what? It's been too long. Are you heading to the meeting now?"

You nodded, confused, as he said, "Okay. I'll follow you. I'll tell everyone present who her father is."

You looked at him like he was on drugs. "Seriously? I could've just asked you to come to the meeting?"

He shrugged. "Eh, I probably would've said no at first, but then thought about it after you left and regret not going with. I love my sister, but I love my niece more, and she deserves to know who her father is."

You nodded and escorted Jiro to the meeting hall, playing a scene in your head at how this could turn out.

***

You arrived and saw Asami, Lady Tsunade, and Shikamaru waiting. "Wait, I heard Kakashi was supposed to be here?" Jiro asked as everyone watched him walk in.