Chapter Thirty-Three :: The Secret Mission

Lady Tsunade nodded her head, resting her chin against her hands as her two index fingers were pushed against her lips, as Kakashi finished reporting to her. You and Asami were standing behind him, awaiting for Lady Tsunade's next move; you looked down at Asami and pulled her closer to you.

"I see." She sat up, straightening her back. "Well, I will send a letter to their Tribe and hopefully work out an agreement; for now, Asami will just have to stay with her uncle. Asami-San, you will continue training with your team as usual until further notice."

"Thank you, Lady Tsunade." Asami bowed, her reddish-gray hair falling over her face.

"You three are dismissed, but Y/N, I need you to stay for a second." Lady Tsunade caught you off guard.

"I'll wait outside with Asami." Kakashi nodded at you before escorting her out.

You looked at your Hokage and asked, "Yes?"

You watched her take a deep breath before saying, "I don't think she should go back to the Tribe."

"What?" You gasped. "Why do you say that?"

"Because something about their behavior doesn't make sense." Lady Tsunade explained. "They're a peaceful Tribe - one of the most - and I can't see one of their own behave so negatively. I think it's best that we keep Asami here till whatever is going on dies down. I don't want to send that poor girl back in a mess."

You nodded as she continued. "However, I do need you to do me one thing."

"What's that?"

"I need to know the origin of her parents," Lady Tsunade explained. "I'm trusting you to get that from her uncle - he is the only person that knows who her parents are; his sister being one of them, and I know he won't tell me who the father was. But it's obvious form the Southern Tribe."

"Information like that could be very vital that her uncle won't spill so easily." You nodded. "I will try my best, but I don't see anything more then either a head shake or a "I can't say"."

That was when Lady Tsunade gave me a "dumb" expression. "Y/N; he's had his eyes on you for some time."

You felt grossed out. "Seriously?"

Lady Tsunade nodded and pinched the bridge of her nose. "As much as it goes against both of our reputation, I know you can get something more than what I have gotten from him. At least try, please?"

You sighed as you nodded. "Alright, fine. I'll try to report later this week."

"Two days." Lady Tsunade turned to her paperwork. "Two days by lunchtime."

You nodded and left the room before meeting eyes with Kakashi and Asami. "What did she have to say?" Asami asked.

"Oh nothing," you lied, hiding it with a smile. "Just wanted to see how you were progressing with training, that's all."

Asami nodded as you shooed her off and looked at Kakashi, who closed a teal book with one hand. "What did you do?" He asked.

"Let's talk at home." You insisted, walking away. Kakashi followed you, his nose back in the book, and guilt and disgust crawling up your stomach.

***

"She asked you to do WHAT?" Kakashi growled.

"Look, it's not that bad-" you tried to soothe, but nothing was working. Kakashi was pissed off, more than you have ever seen.

"You are mine." He pulled you close to him a bit roughly. "If anyone has a say in what you do, it's me! You don't need to flirt with that man for a name!"

"Kakashi, I'm not gonna flirt with him, I just need Asami's father's name, that's all!" You tried to pull yourself free from his grip. "Let go of me!"

"I can't let you do this." He stared deep into your eyes. You saw nothing but raging anger. "I'm going to Lady Tsunade's office and tell her-"

"You can't tell her that I can't do this!" You finally snapped. "She asked me to get a name - she's tried herself and has gotten nothing!out of everyone in the village, he talks to me the most! I just need a name, not to sleep with him-"

"You don't understand, he will do whatever it takes to sleep with you!" Kakashi insisted. "I won't let that happen."

"That's enough. You don't have any right to tell me what I can and can't do." You glared at him. "Now let go of my fucking arm."

"You aren't going anywhere." He growled.

"Oh yeah?" You snared. "And why's that?"

"Because you're mine."

"Not anymore."

You saw the shock in his face as you felt his grip weaken and yanked your arm free. "If I can't go on a mission because you're too controlling over me, then this relationship isn't meant to be. Goodbye, Kakashi."

You felt your chest swell up in pain as you headed towards the door. Kakashi tried to pull you back, but you yanked your hand away. Eventually, his arm wrapped around your waist, but you elbowed him right away, making him fall on his knees.

"Wait.." he coughed out.

"I don't want to hear it." You stared down at him as you grabbed the door handle. "Don't talk to me again. We are over."

You left and started walking down the staircase of the building. You felt tears swell up in your eyes as you started running to Hinata's place, which was all the way across the village. Once you arrived, you didn't even knock; you just walked in and saw your best friend drinking tea with a guest, and started bawling.