Chapter Thirty :: TBH this is a boring chapter

"Everybody ready?" You asked, looking over everyone as you stood by Kakashi. Both your team and his team were given the mission to escort Asami to a village that was between the Southern Tribe and Hidden Leaf. You noticed how all the kids - except Asami - were yawning and tired, but you insisted that they leave before dawn so they were a good ways out before Airi realized that Asami wasn't in the village.

"Why so early?" Naruto whined, rubbing his eyes.

"We have to meet at the village by tomorrow morning." Kakashi knew your plan and followed along. "The Southern Tribe doesn't like waiting for very long, and they're probably on their way over now."

You and Kakashi led the group past the gates of the village and walked along the dirt road. It was still chills, so you were wearing a compressed long sleeve under your uniform. "There's a small town that we can make it to by about midday we can stop at for food." Kakashi has his nose buried deep into one of his books.

"The kids will be hungry before then, that's why I told them to pack some snacks for the trip." You were tossing a pebble in the air and catching it with one hand. "But knowing a few people, they probably forgot and will whine about it after the sun comes up."

"Then we should pick up the pace a bit." Kakashi closed the book and slid it into his pocket before stopping his feet, making everyone else stop in their tracks. "There's a village a ways up ahead that has a delicious breakfast cafe. First one there gets their next ramen meal on me."

"I'M THE FASTEST NINJA ALIVE!" Naruto bolted forward.

"HEY, YOU'RE CHEATING! GET BACK HERE!" Hideyoshi yelled and followed him.

"As dumb as those two are, free ramen isn't a bad reward." Eiji adjusted his glasses before sprinting after them. Sakura and Saske followed behind, paving Asami with the mentors.

"I'll go follow them so they don't get lost." Kakashi looked at you. "I'll meet you there."

You nodded and watched him go before turning your attention to Asami. "Shall we continue?" You asked, nodding your head toward their direction.

Asami nodded and the both of you walked to the village in peace, not much being said between the both of you.

The one reason you kept your mouth shut as best as possible was because you knew you were going to talk shit about Airi to Asami, and tell her that Yamato passed away. And you knew about the whole note incident too, you found it taped to Kakashi's apartment door when you were going to surprise visit him, but when you confronted him about it he explained the type of person Airi was: "Airi was a manipulator, a liar, and most importantly, a terrible person. I would never lose someone like you to her. Yes, there was a time Airi and I were in love, but that's in the past and foolish. And the fact she still has it makes me curious about what kind of crazy she is."

You and Asami arrived to the breakfast Kakashi mentioned when you spotted everyone sitting at one huge table eating.

"I totally won!" Naruto exclaimed, smiling all mighty n shit.

"No you didn't, I did!" Hideyoshi barked over him.

"Would you two please shut up?!" Sakura and Eiji snapped, silencing the two obnoxious boys.

Once everyone ate, they all went to do a quick bathroom break, leaving Kakashi and you alone together at the table.

"I wanna talk about that note." You stared at his one showing eye, getting his attention.

He sighed heavily. "___, not this again please. At least wait till we get back home from this mission-"

"I have heard rumors that you plan on staying with the Southern Tribe when we meet them." You kept the eye contact, fighting the tears that were threatening your eyes. "There were other rumors that you were going to sneak Airi out here and go live with her at the tribe. Is this all true?"

"No, babe, it's not. I promise." Kakashi insisted.

"How do I know you aren't lying to me?" You demanded, one tear sliding down your cheek. "How do I know you're telling me the truth?"

"Because I love you." Kakashi pulled his mask down in public, pulling his headband off at the same time. "And I'm willing to strip my mask and headband off in public if it means you trust me. I will never leave you."

You nodded as Kakashi put his stuff back on, right before the kids came back. "Alright, let's go!" Naruto exclaimed, jumping in the air.

The rest of the group followed the two leaders out of the village, talking amongst themselves. You felt Kakashi's hand slip into yours and entwine his fingers. You smiled softly at the moment and leaned against him a bit.

"I love you too, by the way." You looked up at him.

"Finally you said it." He teased, making you smack in in the chest playfully.

***

Once nighttime arrived, both teams arrived at the agreed location. "Alright, let's find a hotel and call it a night, guys." You insisted, looking around. There were so many options, but they all appeared closed.

"Are there even any open?" Asami asked, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. "My arms are killing me, and I haven't been able to meditate yet today."

"We'll find one, don't worry." You assured, spotting one almost instantly. "Kakashi, let's check this one out." You motion toward it and everyone followed.

Luckily, there were two rooms available and everyone took both; the boys and Kakashi will be in one room and the girls and you in the other. You were relaxing out on the patio, wearing shorts and a T-shirt, reading a book when you felt a presence next to you. You looked over and saw Kakashi crouched on the railing in front of you, giving you the classic smile when you made eye contact. "What's up?"

"I missed you." Kakashi lowered himself to the patio flooring and walked over to you.

"It's been an hour since we got the rooms." You stated, going back to your book.

Kakashi let out a deep breath. "You still think I'm going to leave you for someone that's crazy like Airi?" He asked.

You shook your head. "There's part of me that still isn't convinced yet."

"Then put the book down and let me prove it." Kakashi spoke in that low tone that made your girlhood go crazy. You felt yourself clench up while Kakashi grabbed the book from your hands and pulled you to your feet.

"Kakashi, the girls are right there." You reminded him, looking over at the two sleeping bodies.

"I know. We aren't going there." He wrapped his arm around your waist before setting the book down and jumped from the patio. You cling onto him, trying not to die, and shoved yourself off when Kakashi landed on the ground outside of the hotel.

"What the fuck are you doing?" You hissed at him.

Kakashi pulled his headband up and his mask down, making eye contact with you. "I'm going to prove I'm not leaving you." He insisted as he took his vest off. You turned red at his idea of "proof".