Chapter Three: Into The Gameverse

Belle: Lux, what are you doing?

Lux: Hmm? Oh, I'm just working on something which will greatly help us with capturing Tari, Infinite and Crystal. 

Belle: And that is?

Lux moved to the left, revealing a clone of Tari being worked on by Tas Corp scientists.

Belle: Wait, what? You cloned her?!

Lux: Yes. When we got her out of that game, apparently one of us did something to make her bleed. One of our scientists took the blood, and that's where the idea came from. We're giving her a few upgrades first, though.

Belle: I see. Smart idea, Lux, but are you sure that this won't go wrong? What if she sees an opportunity to stab us in the back?

Lux: Oh, I'm sure it'll be fine. I bet it's not happened in any other universe before.

Belle: Ugh, fine. Well, you get on with that. I've gotta head on stage.

Belle walked out of the room, as Lux looked at the clone of Tari.

Lux: You'll be the most powerful Meta Runner the world has ever known... The other Meta Runners will see you as a queen... I shall call her... Lari.

Meanwhile with the Meta Runners...

Lamar: Wow, these games are so rare! 

Masa: Even I'm surprised. These games are from the 2000s, and it is SO hard to get hold of one. But you two had Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, GTA IV, Just Cause 2, and a lot of others.

Infinite: Well, this world is highly advanced in technology, and the universe me and Crystal come from has normal stuff.

Sofia: Wow, really?! What kind of stuff?!

Crystal: OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS consoles, all sorts. 

Sofia: Man, everyone in this world wants to know what it was like all those years ago! And you two could be considered Meta Runners from the past!

Infinite: Heh, that would be nice. Anyways, let's continue playing Left 4 Dead.

Lamar: Sure!

Tari: Wow... For a game from the late 2000s... 

Theo: It's actually really cool!

Tari began to concentrate, and mashed buttons while shooting and avoiding zombies.

Lamar: Holy crap. She's going through a whole horde and none of them have landed a hit on her!

Theo held a sign in the air which said "Go, Tari!".

Infinite: Man, you could possibly be even better than me! 

Crystal: Hmm... Oh, I've got an idea!

Masa: What's that?

Crystal: How about we test Tari's skills? Let's set it from Normal... To Expert!

Infinite: Whoa! 

Sofia: E-expert?! 

Masa: I won't lie, Expert Mode on both games is super hard. Actually completing Expert Mode is something that's actually pretty impressive.

Theo: Come on, Tari! Set it to Expert Mode!

Sofia: Yeah!

Tari: Oh... Okay, then.

Tari set the game difficulty from Normal to Expert.

Lamar: It's been done.

Infinite: Expert Mode is no joke. Hordes can incapacitate you within a matter of seconds, Tanks can one hit, and Witches kill instantly.