Chapter Sixteen: Loss

Tas Corp dropped everyone off at their home, Infinite was the last to get out of the van as he turned around and gave Lux a death stare.

Lux: ...

Infinite: Curse you, Lux...

Lux: A deal is a deal, Infinite. If you break that deal, not only will I be upset with you but Tari will be as well.  

Infinite: *Sigh*

Lux: But for now, do me, you, your friends and the entirety of Silica City a favor and destroy Lari. She's too dangerous to be kept alive.

Infinite: ... *Nods*

Lux: Good. 

Belle: Good luck defeating her.

Belle grabbed a controller and drove off with Lux, Infinite sat on the steps and covered his eyes with his hands.

Infinite: Fuck... 

Crystal: Honey...

Infinite: Sorry, sweetie... I just need some alone time...

Crystal: Okay...

Crystal kissed Infinite on the forehead and walked into the house, Infinite shed a few tears and punched the ground.

Infinite: Tari... Theo...

Meanwhile...

At Future-O-Gaming, Lari finished going through some paperwork and looked at the news.

Lari: Hmm... 

F-O-G Employee: Lari!

Lari: WHOA! Don't burst into my office like that!

F-O-G Employee: Apologies, I bring some interesting news about our enemies.

Lari: ...It better be good... Go on.

F-O-G Employee: Apparently, Tari made a deal with Lux for Tas Corp to let her friends go... Only if she joins Tas Corp forever.

Lari: What?!

F-O-G Employee: It's bad for us and bad for the Meta Runners.

Lari: Grrr...! No! We need to end Tas Corp now! And I have the power to do it! 

F-O-G Employee: What do you mean? The Meta Runners tried to end Tas Corp and it failed and ended up in Theo's death!

Lari: Oh, you underestimate me. 

Lari opened up her Meta Runner arm to reveal the Troll Stone inside of it.

Lari: I have THIS.

F-O-G Employee: What are you gonna do with that?

Lari smiled evilly and took the Troll Stone out of her Meta Runner arm and put it into a small tube which was hooked to her computer.

Lari: This may bust my computer, but I don't care at all. 

Lari easily broke into Tas Corp's servers and looked around for anything important.

F-O-G Employee: Huh...?

Lari: Lux made a big mistake putting this all powerful gem into my arm as a power source for it. Now... With the simple press of a button, I can wipe out the servers! Then Tas Corp's customers will come to Future-O-Gaming to buy our technology! With this stone and all of the money we get combined, we can release our AI across the world to take over people's electronics and I can force people to do whatever I want!

F-O-G Employee: Sounds good! Go on ahead, Lari. End Tas Corp.

Lari looked at the screen one more time and smiled.