Chapter Nine: A Dark Secret

Infinite was looking through a book about games, mostly containing tips, secrets and cheats, but something caught his eye.

Infinite: Wait...

There was a picture of a Meta Runner on the page, but with a glowing blue stone on her arm.

Infinite: Hang on... I remember the real me saying something about glowing stones... But it seems so familiar.

Crystal: Is something wrong, honey?

Infinite: N-no. Just... Wondering about something. 

Crystal: Ah, okay.

Lamar: Hi, guys. I suppose you heard about Operation Silent Demon...?

Infinite: We heard.

Crystal: It sounds cool!

Lamar: Dang it... No one agrees with me... It's a bad idea! Tas Corp is a multi-millionaire company! Not only could we get in trouble, but we could be sent to court!

Infinite: Lamar, we can do this. Just have a bit of hope.

Crystal: And think of the aftermath! If we pull this off... Tas Corp will just vanish!

Lamar: True... Argh... 

Infinite: Me and Crystal are gonna help with this plan. We'll be helping Tari play the game too.

Lamar: I see. 

Crystal: It's an amazing plan. I know we can pull it off!

Theo walked into the room with Tari.

Tari: See? Be a bit more hopeful like me, Sofia and Crystal!

Lamar: Agh... Fine, I'll try. But if this fails, then I'm blaming all of you!

Infinite: Fair.

Tari: Are we gonna be training today?

Infinite: Yes. Masa and Crystal are gonna help, but I'm gonna be having a fight with Son.

Tari: Huh? Why?

Infinite: Just to test his skills. 

Tari: O-okay then.

Masa: Let's go, Tari. We'll be playing some more first person shooters.

Tari: A-alright.

Everyone walked out of the room apart from Crystal, as she rubbed her stomach and smiled.

Crystal: I'll be looking forward to holding you in my arms. 

Meanwhile...

Belle and Lux watched as the scientists studied the Project Blue chip found in the lab earlier.

Lux: Belle... You know what this means?

Belle: Huh?

Lux: This discovery... It could change not only the future of this company, but the entire world.

Belle: Great for you, but... *Sniff*

Lux: Look... I'm sorry about her... 

Belle: I don't think you are...

Lux: I am. Get some rest, Belle. I know you're tired.

Belle: S-sure. Night, Lux.

Belle walked off, as Lux turned back to the glass.

Lux: Interesting indeed... But it's not as interesting as what we used to create Lari's Meta Runner arm... Which was a mistake. That's how she's able to summon all of these things from the video game world.