Chapter Eleven: Training

At Tas Corp, Lux held a game cartridge in his hand and growled.

Lux: So... If they won't play nice, then I won't play nice either.

Belle: ...

Lux: Belle?

Belle: I...I-I'm fine...

Lux: Mmhmm.

Hurk walked into the office, holding his injured arm.

Hurk: Agh...

Lux: Huh? Hurk, where is Sofia?

Hurk: Sorry, boss... Those bastards managed to overpower me and they took her back.

Lux: Darn it...!

Belle: Unfortunate... 

Hurk: Oh, and also? Lari's business is growing even more. Look at this.

Hurk whipped his phone out and tapped on a livestream, Lux and Belle looked over Hurk's shoulders to see that Lari's business was making a killing selling tons of gaming items.

Belle: Uh oh...

Lux: No...! If we don't stop her, Tas Corp could lose all of it's customers!

Hurk: Hey, as long as we capture one of the Meta Runners, then we'll be fine, right?

Lux: ...Correct. Rest up for now, Hurk. Try again tomorrow.

Hurk: Got it, boss!

Hurk ran out of the office as Belle looked at a photo of her and Lucinia.

Belle: Sofia... You need to know the truth...

Back with the Meta Runners, Infinite finished treating Sofia's wounds and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

Infinite: And... Done!

Sofia: Thanks, Infinite.

Tari: You okay, Sofia?

Sofia: A little sore, but I'm okay.

Crystal: Hmm... We haven't heard from Lari in a while... 

Infinite: As long as she stays quiet, then it's fine. For now, I just want to stop Tas Corp.

Masa: Agreed. Hmm... Shall we start training for Operation Silent Demon?

Lamar: Ugh... Every time I hear that name, it just makes my brain hurt.

Theo: Lamar, come on! Once the plan is done, it's done! Tas Corp will be no more!

Tari: H-he's right, Lamar. We need you for this. 

Sofia: We're a team, and together... We'll bring down Tas Corp and Lari!

Lamar took a deep breath then smiled.

Lamar: Okay, guys... Let's do this.

Tari nodded and warped into the game, as everyone else apart from Sofia booted up their computers and loaded up Tempest. Infinite and Crystal loaded into the game and looked around.

Infinite: W-whoa... Oh, wow! I'm a cool looking knight with a badass sword!

Crystal: Hmm... I look like a wizard.

Infinite: A cute wizard, I should say.

Crystal giggled and blushed madly as she hugged Infinite.

Masa: So, here we are everyone. Practice with your abilities for now and then we'll move onto the real deal.

Tari: A-alright...

Tari created a fireball and prepared to throw it at one of the dummies in front of her. Theo started firing small lasers out of his fingers while cheering.