Chapter Seven: Tari's Potential

Tari sat on the rooftop and looked into the midnight sky with Theo.

Theo: Man... I hope we can fix this soon...

Tari: We will, Theo. We're gonna get you back into your game. I'm not gonna allow you to disappear. 

Theo: Thanks, Tari.

Tari hugged Theo tightly and smiled, as Infinite walked to the rooftop.

Tari: Oh, hey Infinite.

Infinite: Hi, Tari. How do you feel?

Tari: After playing more games with Masa... I feel great! I feel like I'm getting better!

Infinite: Oh, you are indeed. But me and Crystal want to test you.

Tari: Oh?

Infinite: I've picked out a few games which will test your skills. Such as stealth, combat, reflexes and a few other things.

Tari: Ah, okay.

Theo: Can I play with you?

Infinite: Sure, Theo! Come on, ahead.

Tari and Theo followed Infinite downstairs and grabbed their controllers.

Tari: So, what game are we gonna be playing first?

Infinite: A puzzle game known as Portal.

Theo: Portal?

Tari: What's that about?

Infinite: Portal is a game where you control a test subject who goes through multiple experiments using a Portal Gun, which creates portals obviously.

Theo: Sounds fun!

Tari: Let's play it!

Crystal: Let's see your puzzle skills, Tari. Hmm... Say, do you want to do this with a controller, or do you want to go into the game?

Tari: Umm... I'll go into the game!

Tari tapped her Meta Runner arm and pressed a few buttons, she gasped and went directly into the game.

Infinite: You okay?

Tari: Y-yeah... Wow... I'm wearing an orange jumpsuit. And I have these weird things on my feet...

Infinite: Those prevent any fall damage, Tari. So you're pretty much invulnerable to height.

Tari: Awesome! So, what's the first test?

Infinite: It's an easy one, so you should be able to figure it out.

Tari: Okay!

Tari turned around and saw an orange portal leading to a massive button.

Infinite: Man, this brings back memories.

Tari prepared to go into the portal, when it suddenly switched and showed a massive cube. Tari grabbed the cube and carried it out.

Tari: Okay, I know what to do! I gotta put this onto the button!

Infinite: You got it!

The portal switched again, as Tari threw the cube onto the button, which opened a door.

Tari: Yay!

Tari walked into the elevator and smiled.

Infinite: We'll do two more tests, and we'll switch to another game.

Tari: Okie dokie! This is gonna be a lot of fun!

The elevator opened, as Tari walked out and saw the Portal Gun firing portals at the walls.