Chapter Fourteen: Mountain Brawl

Tari opened her eyes and coughed a few times before getting up and looked around, she was in some old ruins. She wandered around and saw a Spellbook.

Tari: Huh?

Tari grabbed the Spellbook and absorbed it's power, gaining an ice ability, she summoned an icicle in her hand and giggled.

???: HEY, FUCKER!

Tari: Huh?

Tari looked around and saw a competitor looking down at her from above.

Tari: EEP!

Competitor 1: ...

Tari used the Spellbook's power and threw a couple of icicles at her opponent, the competitor used a Windburst spell to launch himself into the air and fired a few green lasers at Tari, which she blocked with another spell.

Tari: Grrr-

Tari was sent back flying into the wall, and then got hit by a fireball.

Tari: AGH!

The same competitors from before walked up to Tari and prepared to finish her off when a voice called out.

Theo: CRAAACKERJAAAAAACK!!!

Theo slid down a hill on a coconut as one of the competitors threw a fireball at him, the coconut protected Theo as it hit the competitor in the face.

Competitor 2: OOF!

Theo: Abracadabra!

Theo glowed green and started to use a healing spell on Tari.

Competitor 3: AH, HELL NOOOAAAHHHHHH!!!

Before the third competitor could stop Theo, a lightning bolt came out of nowhere and hit them.

Lamar: Hey ya'll, what's good?

Infinite and Crystal appeared beside Lamar and cracked their knuckles. The second competitor prepared to summon another meteor shower.

Infinite: Uh oh!

Crystal: Wait, look!

Masa jumped through the cloud and swung his sword two times sending waves of energy flying at the second competitor. They disappeared as Masa landed on the ground in front of everyone.

Masa: Team! Give them hell!

Everyone: RIGHT!

The two teams fought for a few minutes and then had a stand off.

Lamar: So what's the play, Masa?

Masa: You're on point. Get an early pick on their flank, then sweep in with the others.

Lamar: And what about the boss lady?

Masa: Leave her... To me.

Masa put his helmet on and charged.

Lamar: Focus on the one to the left!

Tari, Theo, Lamar, Infinite and Crystal began using their spells but their opponent was too fast.

Lamar: Damn it, how do they always get the best spells?

Infinite: It's just damn luck, that's all!

Lamar: Aw, crap! GET OUTTA THERE!

One of the competitors threw small explosives at the group causing them to scatter, Tari dodged a few and started running but was stopped by the other competitor from earlier.

Infinite: Tari, allow us to help!

Tari: O-okay!

Crystal: Distract that bastard! I got this!