CH.2.

I hold my brother's hand, I can feel them shaking through my nerves, he is afraid of something, something is wrong. I press on his hand to calm him.

"what's wrong, don’t worry nothing is going to happen" I say even though I don’t believe what I am saying.

"I don’t think so, I have seen the soldiers of the city" his voice weakens "they were heading towards our school."

The soldiers of the city as they call themselves, are controlling our city, and also controlling its people. I guess the people don’t see that. They look at them as our protectors, our leaders; they keep us safe they say. But I don’t think they are actually protecting us, because I don’t see those killing murderers or arresting those who commit crimes, they are killing those who are innocent.

"What are they going to do in our school anyway?" I ask what have we done that will bring them to our school. I stop talking I don’t want to think about them, and I don’t want to scare my brother.

"Don’t worry vivo I say, nothing is going to happen." Also my brother is very young; he looks to me and says "take care of yourself Aliter."

He let go and heads to his queue.

I see my friends, my classmates, making jokes, talking as always, my parents told me that you should have friends, a lot of friends, so you can find help. I don’t know… these people are not more than a group of lies.

I reach my queue and take my place my eyes fall on Fera she is standing between other girls, they are talking, playing with their hair, or laughing. But she is standing still. I can see her power, I can feel her pain. But I can do nothing. My fear controls me. I am weak, I wish I am strong like her, but I am not.

"Attention my dear students, we welcome you to this new year, today we have some people that we all love and respect they are the ones who sacrifice for us, the ones responsible for spreading the peace in our city, let's all clap our hands for the soldiers of the city" Inlusio our principal cheering up like a panda while pushing himself away to welcome the soldiers of the city. They wear dark red uniforms. Carrying weapons along their pants one of them speaks "good morning, in order to keep the peace we have to sacrifice, peace should be earned; we should fight for it, and appreciate it." He finishes with hands clapping so hard for him. What are they cheering for? I ask myself. My hands held beside me I am not going to clap for them. They are liars, those people cheering must be sleeping, what peace…?

 I don’t see peace… I see darkness, maybe these people love darkness. They are used to it; they have been living in darkness for so long, that they loved it, they loved darkness! They accept to be controlled as long as they are living well. They don’t see the ones suffering around them, being comfortable in their homes is their only desire. I have to stop thinking those thoughts ache my heart. Fera is looking all around her eyes catching with the hands and with the soldiers of the city. The look she is wearing tells me that all of this surprises her, as it surprises me too.