CH.4.

I always wanted to leave our city, I want to run as far as possible. My world is so small, it strangles me. I want to be free. For so long I have been hiding, living in a small part of our city wish is our district. Each district in our city has its own rules, and its own darkness. People used to think that our district was the best one in our city; they say it’s the most peaceful one.

Instead of unity, we have been divided into districts, where we look at each other with inequality. We classify ourselves according to the districts we live in, they say the districts are different, to me they are all the same… they are all prisoners.

Our city is divided into 7 districts, each district with one of the soldiers of the city ruling it. We have one school in our city. At wish all the districts youth meet. I wonder from which district Fera is. I haven’t been to any of the other districts before; I didn’t know what the other districts are like. Our district, or as they call it Partis 1, contained me for the past few years…I am a prisoner.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice I didn’t recognize at first. I look at her, she has changed. She is older now, my eyes stare for the first time, I didn’t say a word, I know here, I know who she is… Calor, my childhood friend;  the best friend I have ever had.

"You don’t know me?" she smiles.

"Of course I know you, how can I ever forget you?" I smile. "Then what are you staring at?" she laughs.

I forgot that I was staring, distracted by her…I didn’t smile for too long that I actually can't believe I just did.

"Where have you been, I mean I didn’t see you for more than 5 years?" I ask.

"We moved to another city, but we are back here now"

She had been to another city! Is that even possible, I thought no one can leave the city. "How did you..."

"My father, He was sent to Ressenda in an official visit by the soldiers of the city, the king of Ressenda persuaded my father to live there, as to know more about their city, they wanted him to help them with those rebellions they have, I guess people are not very okay with the rules anymore.

"What happened then?"

"The king of Ressenda provided my father with soldiers and weapons it took them two years to control the things there.

"Your father killed them?" I panic.

"He didn’t kill them, he treated them, he improved them, and he helped them to understand the importance of keeping peace among their city".

"And they were okay with that"

"They had to, or they will be killed" she said

So they have to remain quite or they will be killed, is that how the soldiers of the city control the people, accept it and shut up. "A great job your father did" I say, another lie, I have to lie she is my best friend.

"I don’t think it was, ignoring people needs and ignoring their desire for change is not a great job" her voice weakens "Everyone has the right to live the way they want to, people where born to be free".

"One day they will" I smile.

She smiles back "It is very nice talking to you again; I have to go my father is probably looking for me right now, be safe"

Calor doesn’t believe in her own father's rules, she respects people's freedom, she cares about their life, she is still alive.