Chapter one

Fadeel.
I hurriedly left hajiya's part looking very upset. I hate it whenever she talks about marriage.  I entered my chamber and headed straight to the bedroom. I sat on the bed,  thinking about what Hajiya said
"Ya kamata kayi aure. Kasan babanka ya tsufa kuma ba xa  ka hau sarauta ba until you are married"
I knew what she said was true but I need to find someone who is worthy of being my wife, the queen and also the mother of my kids. I stood up and entered the bathroom, performed ablution and came out I changed into a brown kaftan and left the room. I went straight to the mosque and waited for baba to come and lead the prayer.
After the way prayer, I went back to my chamber and sat on the carpet. I had been living a lonely life ever since I was born. My three elder sisters are married and I had no younger ones. My mind drifted back to what hajiya said. I really need to get married but I don't know how. I was afraid I couldn't take care of the wife and she might decide to leave me. I i I didn't know when I drifted into a peaceful slumber.

         YUMNAH
"Mami, I am tired of this house. Everything keeps getting in my way and I hate it. Just a moment ago, I injured my knee" Afnan screamed as soon as she saw Miami coming from behind. I turned to see mami and yaseer looking at Afnan. "awn, let me see that" yaseer volunteered, bending down a little.
" when did your name became Mami? " Afnan fired back.  I tried hard not to giggle.
"Fine.  My name is not mami but don't come to me for your assignment again. " he replied.
"Come on, don't be a bad brother". Mami chipped in.
We all sat down while mami attended to her Afnan. I kept staring at how mami takes care of her last born. Afnan was fifteen but mami treats her like a five year old.
"Yumna, where were you when my darling injured herself? "Mami asked giving me a daring look.
"I... I... was in my room" I replied looking at Afnan who was now watching TV and ignoring our conversation.
"Don't lie Yumna. Just say the truth. " yaseer said. I turned towards him and frowned. I hated it when he keeps interfering in my life.
" I am not ready for your troubles again so please let me be! " I shouted to mami's hearing.
" To my room." Mami instructed us.
We stood up obediently And left for her room. I made sure I kept a good distance between me and yaseer. I sat on the dressing mirror while yaseer sat on the reading table. I turned and faced the mirror to avoid starting  another conversation with yaseer.
Mami entered and sat on the bed.
"Yumna come closer" mami said, so I went and sat near her feet. Yaseer also came and sat beside me.
"Now Yumna and yaseer. You are both nineteen years old but you still don't want to act like good siblings do" mami started her usual lecture. She likes to remind us that we are twins and we must act like one.
"But since you two don't want to live in peace, I think the best thing to do is to get you married". She added.
We both looked at her down-heartedly. How could she even think of even getting us married?. We are siblings for Godsake.
"I know what you are thinking. I am not getting you married together. I mean you are going to get spouses for yourselves"mami cleared herself.
" But mami, we are just in level three and besides I don't want to have a wife now. She will ruin my education. "Yaseer said and I was relaxed. At least I was not the only one against the marriage.
"Well yours can wait but as for Yumna, you will soon be married" mami replied sending me wild.
"What?! How can  I get married just like that? I don't even have someone I like " I said in protest.
" that's even better because we have been discussing with Gimbiya and she wants you married to yarima fadeel. " she replied and I gasped. How could I marry the prince?
"Pls mami don't do this to me. " I said as I began to sob.
" it is not my wish But that of gimbiya. I had no choice but to obey so I did"
"You mean you have already  agreed without asking her? "Yaseer asked surprised.
" Your dad gave me the go ahead. " she replied. 
I couldn't take it anymore,  I stood up and left the room. I heard mami calling my name but I ignored. I entered my room and locked the door. I sat there and cried out my heart before I slept.

HEY WONDRRFUL PEOPLE. 💓. I hope the first chapter was interesting. Thanks for sparing your time to go through it👍