Chapter Ten 💔

Fadeel...
" okay. Just something light" i said when she insisted. I was totally pissed off. I sat down to wait for her to finish so that we could talk again.
I heard a crash coming from the kitchen . I stood up and followed her. I was shocked to see mufe... Yumna shivering in front o the fridge. I quickened my steps until I was near her.
" are you alright? " I asked as I hugged her.
" take...... me... away fr... om here." She tried to say. I carried her out and took her to the living room. I didn't know how to handle her so I called our family doctor.
" sure doc. We will be right there. " I replied when she advised that I bring her to the hospital.
I looked at my wife who was now silent. Her skin was beginning to turn purple. I tried hard not to panic as I took her to the car.
" Yumna. " I called out as I rushed her to the hospital. She was immediately admitted in the I. C. U. I was not allowed inside so I paced up and down in front of the unit.
I honestly didn't want to loose her. I want her back. We just got to know each other and now here she was in the hospital.
I called hajiya and told her about it. Before long, she came along with three more people that I didn't know. A woman, who was almost Hajiya's mate, a young guy and a girl who looks like yumna so I concluded they were her family.
" how did it happen? " hajiya asked me.
" I... I don't know. I just saw her shivering in front of the fridge then she fainted" I replied feeling guilty.
" I kept telling her to stay away from cold things. She just wouldn't listen. Now see what she has caused." The woman said almost at the verge of tears.
" ammi calm down. Everything will be fine." the guy said to his mum.
I excused myself and went out of the unit. I wanted to be alone. I heard footsteps behind me so I turned. I was the guy behind me.
" I see you are upset. Don't worry. It's just pneumonia. " he said trying to convince me. I faked a smile and thanked him.
" I am yaseer. Her twin brother. I knew you must have heard alot about me from her. " he introduced. He seemed jovial so I smiled.
" nice name Yas." I said politely.
" thanks" he replied. He didn't seem to bother about me being royalty which made me like him more.
" do you also suffer from pneumonia?" I asked when the silence was becoming too much.
" not as much as she does though " he replied.
"Why"
" you know... benefits of being the older twin."
" That was not very nice mr older twin". I said and we both laughed.
" I asked her today about my guy and she said I was joking." He said and I frowned. So it was true she had a boyfriend.
" oh. Which guy? " I asked between gritty teeth.
" The baby she is carrying but she said there was no baby." He replied and I felt relieved. I smiled widely to myself.
" see sounded strange just minutes ago when I called. Calling me with names like love.. darling. I didn't know what came over her." He said and laughed. I flashed back to what happened back in the living room. So she was pulling my leg and I tell for it. I looked at him and smiled again.
" she was teasing me." I said and we laughed again.
The girl that came together with yaseer came out of the unit looking terrified.
" princ.... Yareema, the doctor wants to talk to you " she said.
We followed her inside and the doctor took me to where yumn was. The room was extremely warm and she was lying helplessly on the bed. She was placed the under oxygen and many other complicated machines. Her breath was light. I went and sat beside her.
" you have to be very careful  next time your highness. Any mistake similar to this can risk her life" the doctor said.
" thank you doctor. " I said and she left us alone.
" noorul ayn please don't leave me. I want you by my side. " I said even though she was unconscious. I held her hand to my face and sighed. If only she knew how much she meant to me.