Seventeen 😇💋

FADEEL
“Wow. I like this White House” yumna said when we went out to the stable the next day. It was located at the outskirts of the kingdom. “Then it’s all yours” I replied and she went to it. “I will be taking care of it myself” she said rubbing its back. I smiled because I know I couldn’t resist her pleadings. “But how comes you never showed me this place?” She asked. “ I wanted to surprise you”. “Who told you I love horses?” She asked. “ well...you..see” I said. I didn’t want to tell her that I read her diary because she would be mad at me. “I see what?” She asked again. “Yaseer did” I said. I hoped she didn’t feel bad. She turned away  and went to inspect the other horses. I waited for her at the entrance because I didn’t like the smell of stable. She finished inspecting everything and we went back home. “Hubby, why don’t you like the idea of maids?” She asked unexpectedly. I really don’t like people to be intruding in my life. “Just like that” I replied. “You really has to start liking it because once I become....” she started but I stopped her. “Don’t tell me..?” I asked holding her arms in happiness. “Don’t tell you what?” She said like she don’t know what I was talking about. “That you’re pregnant” I said and she smiled. I was very excited. “No I’m not” she said and “murna ta koma ciki” I sighed and looked at her again. “I’ll have to try harder next time” I said in a low tone. “What did you said?” She asked opening her eyes wide. “N..no I mean with my prayers” I stammered. “Better” she replied and went to her room. I say there thinking. I wouldn’t want to see her suffering from the pain of pregnancy and then labour pains. If it’s for me, I’ll sacrifice anything if she will not suffer pain but hajiya is the main problem.
     After resting for a while, I took my bath and went to the mosque for prayer. Baba as usual was leading the prayer while I was among the ma’amums. We finished praying and I went back home to see the love of my life.

     YUMNA
I entered my room and changed into something casual. I sat there while listening to some music. I heard my phone rang and I picked it. It was that woman from yesterday..zaynab. “Hello nadeera” I said. “Yumna, how are you?” She asked. “Alhamdulillah how is Yasmeen and co?” I replied. “They’re all fine” she said. “Good” I replied. “I called to tell you that my kids are on their way to your house” she said suddenly. I felt happy, very happy indeed. “Wow, I’m very excited” I replied. “You will soon be tired of them” she said and we laughed. We gisted away for a while before she hanged up the phone. I dialed afnan’s number and she picked up. “Hey baby sis” I said. “Hi” she replied. “How’s everyone? Especially Yaseer?”. “Yeah everyone is fine and we are even on our way to your house”. “Sounds good” I replied. “We’re even at the gate” she said and I hanged up. The doorbell ran and I went to open the door. I knew it was Yasmeen and co so I didn’t wear any hijab. I opened the door for them and they entered. They greeted me and sat down. “Where is Sudais?” I asked after serving them chocolate chip cookies and a milk. “He is making a call outside” nawaz replied. My phone rang and I refused to pick it. I saw that it was afnan so I just went to the door and opened it. “What is SMART doing in your house?” She asked. “Who is smart?” I asked. “Sudais aryan” she replied. “Where did you know him?” I asked again leading to the living room. “He is my class and seat mate. So arrogant and has an “I don’t care” attitude” she said rolling her eyes. “That’s left for you guys. But is he being called smart?” I asked. “He’s smart, brilliant, intelligent......”.  “Hold it there young lady” I stopped her. “What?” She replied. “Are you crushing on him?” I asked looking into her eyes. “What!? God forbid!” She spat and I laughed. She sat down beside Yasmeen and before long. They become friends. Sudais joined them in the living room and afnan became silent. I smiled from where I was and went to my room. I began to drift into sleep when the door  opened. I looked up and saw it was yareema. “Are you organizing a party?” He asked. I knew he was referring to the kinds in the living room. I had to explain everybody’s visit. “Yumna please stay away from that man’s family” he said holding my hands. “I don’t understand” I said. He rolled his eyes and sighed. “Forget it” he said and sat down. “If you say so. But please look after them while I have a nap” I said. He nodded and left the room.

         #
“let’s go” I said carrying Yasmeen in my hand. I had woken up and we were heading to hajiya’s part. I closed the door and we headed to our destination. Afnan was by my side. Sudais in the front holding nawaz’s hand. A maid saw us and quickly come to collect Yasmeen from my hand. “No!” Yasmeen shouted when the maid extended her hand to carry her. “Let her be” I commanded. Sudais turned and gave her a dreadful look. She quickly came down from my hand and went to the maid. “Tab wa yaga yaya babba” Afnan said and I laughed. We reached the part and entered. People were seated at the compound with hajiya in their middle. They were enjoying the “Kidan kwarya” displayed by the people.
     We all went and greeted hajiya. Yasmeen went and sat on her laps. I wasn’t surprised when hajiya refused to answer my greetings. We stood up and went to the private living room. I saw yareema making call there. We all sat down waiting for hajiya. “Afnan is your assignment ready?” Sudais asked not even looking up from his phone. “Yes and why?” She asked frowning her face. “Send it to me” he replied. “ are you serious?” She asked with a look on her face. He didn’t reply. I and yareema were looking at them. Hajiya entered and went to her room. I stood up and yareema also did the same. We followed her into the room. “Barka da yamma” yareema greeted. She was on the bed while we were sitting down on the carpet. “Barkan ka dai” she replied with no feelings on her face. “Hajiya please don’t be angry at us. Everything is just a matter of time” yareema said and stood up. He went and hugged his mother. “Just remember that time waits for no man. And also, opportunity comes but once” hajiya said. After making her happy, we stood up and went back to the private living room where the kids were. “Hubby, I want to see my precious” I said referring to my horse. “Okay but you have to take the escorts with you”. “Are you not going” looked. “Yeah” he replied. “Why?” I asked again. “ I don’t really like horses”. “Okay bye then. I stood up” I and the kids left to the private parking lot. I was holding the keys to the Camry so I opened the car. I didn’t call any escort. Sudais entered the passenger’s seat while the rest entered the back seat. I entered the drivers seat and zoomed off. We arrived and everybody came out. Afnan stayed in the car. “Aren’t you coming” sudais asked smirking because he know she’s afraid of horses since when they went on an excursion She eyed him and he smiled. I went with Yasmeen to see precious.i scrubbed him with brush I brought specially for him. “Adda, can I ride one of them?” Sudais asked. I gave him the go ahead and he left. I finished cleaning precious and mounted yasmeen on the horse. I took her out and circled her around the area. I spotted Sudais from a far. He was galloping towards the car with nawaz behind him on another horse. Afnan started shouting when she saw them behind coming towards her with the horses. She quickly came out of the car and nearly fell. She rushed towards me crying. “Aww afnan, you don’t have to be such a baby” Sudais said coming down from the horse. “Now I have all this recorded. You send your assignment and I delete it. And if you refused then everyone knows” he said. “Fine I’ll send it now. Give me your email” afnan replied in a haste. He smiled and told her. We finished everything their and I drove the kids to their house after buying some things for them at the supermarket. “Good bye adda” Yasmeen said as we dropped them in their house. I and Afnan. We waved her goodbye and left. I took afnan back home too and headed back to my house. It was approaching noon when I arrived at the palace. I went straight to our part just to watch yareema in the living room watching football. “Hubby I’m back” I said with a smile on my face. “Congrats” he replied with no expression. “As in how congrats?” I asked. He stood up and come to me. I moved back until I was leaning against the wall. He came closer to me. So close that I could hear his heartbeat. “Why can’t you obey a single rule?” He asked. “What did I do?” I asked again. “I told you to go with escort but you refused” he said. He was clearly angry. I was not in the mood to apologize so I looked into his eyes. “ I thought you said I don’t like maids?” I asked. “Yes I did” he replied. “Good. So I don’t like escorts either” I fired back. “That’s my rule not yours” he said. “Whatever applies to you, does to me” I said and left him there. I entered my room and banged the door