chapter fourteen ☺👒

"It's getting late, please come down" i heard yaseer calling.
I quickly rolled my black R&S veil. I looked at myself for a while,it was our graduation day and i wanted everything to be perfect. I clutched my handbag and my new phone.
"Why do you take much time dressing up." Yaseer asked.
"Shut it yas" i replied.
We left the living room and went out, snapped some pictures before finally entering the car.
Yaseer took the wheels,with abba at the front while we sat at the back.
We arrived in no time and i led ammi and afnan to the guest arena before i left them to meet my friends.
"Princessa! What took you too long?" My friend, Rahma asked. She was already wearing her graduation gown.
"Don't mind me" i replied and she escorted me to where i collected mine.
"I can't see yaseer anywhere. Is he really coming?" She asked.
I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I wonder what attracts her to him. It's not like he has something i don't.
"I dont know" i replied.
I wore my gown and we went ahead to sit where the rest of our mates were.
We waited until our names were called before we each took turms to collect our certificates.
After all the graduation stuffs was over,Abba took the wheels. He said we were going somewhere special. We were all excited coux abba's suprises were always the best.
He took us to a park, it was empty which i later got yo know that abba had booked the whole place for us.
I sat by the pool, watching yaseer and afnan having fun. Abba and ammi sat under the tree, savouring the atmosphere.
"Yumna, so when are you going back?" Ammi asked later when we were eating lunch.
It was clear she was tired of seeing me at home.
"Like how?" I asked bluntly
"Yareema ofcourse. I haven't heard from him since two weeks back" she replied.
I knew this was coming but not so soon. I too wasn't in touch with him. I was not ready to face him at all. I was happy back home.
" The king told me he travelled". Abba said and i nodded in affirmation though i didn't know about the trip.
"Whatever dai, you are going back today." Ammi replied.
"But..."
"No buts yumna. You have a home to take care of" she replied.
My mood suddenly changed. I was quiet throughout. We left the park after noon.
Why must my life be like this? What have i done to deserve this?. I would readily give anything to get my former life back.
" To the palace yaseer" Ammi said as soon as we were in the car.
"Ammi, my things are at home " i said trying to make a point.
"I will send them to you" she replied firmly.
Before i knew it, we arrived. I came out and waited for them to do so.
" Bye" ammi offered and i felt tears running down my cheeks as they left me there, staring.
I stood there for like five minutes before making my way to our part.
The door was locked as expected so i had no choice but to go to hajiya's part.
"Barka da yamma" i greeted as i squat beside her.
"Hope you have started planning for your baby?" She added as i ws about to show her my certificate. I quickly hid it then looked at her.
"No" i replied innocently.
"As in how no?" She asked, probably irritated by my response.
"I am not p..p..pregnant" i stammered.
"I am taking you to the hospital tomorrow " she said.
I wanted to tell her everything but i refrained.
"Okay" i replied.
She later gave me a room to sleep in. I dropped the certificate on the bed and sat there adamantly, knowing my end was near.

FADEEL
Life in paris was fantastic. I loved yhe way everything was. I just came back from an attraction centre. It was fun, exercising a little.
I entered the bathroom and had a nice shower. I called Fatima Zahra and told her i would be visiting.
We arrived earlier than i expected, i lwft the escorts outside and entered the apartment.
"Baffah" zayad shouted when he saw me. He ran to me and i picked him up.
"How you little guy?" I asked
"Ca va bein merci"( i am fine thanks) he replied in French. Fateema zahra and her husband were making it difficult for him to coordinate the words in one language.
Hus mum wants him to speak arabic while the dad wants him to speak fulani and he studies in a french school so he joins everything.
"Where is your mum?"
"Fil suk"( in the market) he repiled in Arabic.
"Come baffa,let me show you the new toys maama got for me"he said dragging me to his playroom.
I wondered why she allowed her son to be alone in such foreign country.
He jumped into the bed and i smiled.
"Zayad, why are you making such noise?" I heard from behind.
I turned to see Muhammad Ismail,  zayad's father. When he saw me, he quickly bowed respectfully.
"An gaishe ka yareema" he sai with his amazing fulani accent.
I greeted him back and we wentback to the living room.
"So..how is life in paris?" I asked.
I was already seated but he remained standing. The respect i get sometimes is too much. But i don't blame him. He is fulani afterall😁.
"Alhamdulillah" he replied still standing.
The door creaked open and fatima zahra entered.
Her husband slowly crept away, leaving us alone.
" i didn't know you would be here before me." She said as she sank into the sofa.
"Yeah. Me too" i replied
My phone rang and i excused myself .
It was hajiya. I ws suprised coux the time was 10:00am which means it's 10:pm back home. We were 12 hours ahead of them.
I answered the phone without saying anything and waited for her to speak.
"Fadil?" She called.
"Naam hajiya, barka da dare" i replied calmly coux her voice wa not as it used to be. She sounded angry.
"Which kind pleasantries are you offering me when you are denying this girl her rights?"she blasted.
I juat hoped with all that was in me that she was not referring to yumna.
"Can't you hear me ne?" She said again.
I hanged up the phone coux therw was nothing i could say.
I knew i had to go back home right away.
I called my escorts and asked them to book the next available flight back home.
I went in and told fateema zahra about the new plan. She didn't look suprised so i knew hajiya must have told her about it.
The flight back home was tiring. We spent five hours on board. I went straight to hajiya's part to clear what she was thinking. As usual, it was full of women. I went in through the back,into her private living room. I saw yumna behind the sofa, crying. I got heartbroken immediately.
"Yumna?" I called , she turned and i saw her face. Her eyes were red and puffy.
"What is wrong with you? Are you ill?" I asked but she continued crying.
It breaks my heart to see women cry especially my woman.
I cuddled her to my chest and raised her up.
"It's okay" i tried to comfort her.
"No..it's not"  she finally managed to reply. I wonder what was wrong woth her.
"I am so sorry" she added.
I raised a eyebrow, like seriously..she was apologising?
"What for?" I asked
"For everything " she replied softly.
I felt touched by her reply.
"You don't have to be. I understand your pain" i said, stopping her from further words.
She sat up and held my hands tightly.
"Hajiya took me to the hospital" she said and paused
"They found out i am still....." she started but couldn't finish it. I knew what she was going to say.
Hajiya shouldn't be doing this. I know she is desperate for a grandchild from me but this is too much.
"Let's go" i said and helped her up.
We left for our part without waiting to greet hajiya.
My life is so messed up right now😑