Chapter 2 - The Fear

With every step down the hall, his excitement increased two-fold. It was a moment, he was waiting for so long. To see his girl standing with victory and pride, the moment she dreamed thousands of times sitting beside him. He imagined her looking stunning in the black gown with that square hat having a tussle. Her hair falling down to her shoulder, just the way she liked to leave them with a charming smile brightening her beautiful face.

He chuckled at himself for getting so lost in his imagination to not notice the pillar, he was about to bang his head. Shaking his head, he entered the hall and sat on his place, in the front row.

As the convocation started with its regular traditions, his eyes remained stuck on a girl, standing in a corner waiting anxiously for her turn.

A slight smile came on his face on finally seeing his imagination in a better reality. He noticed her wearing traditional Anarkali below the loose gown, unlike her regular shorts or jeans. Must be her mother's orders, he realized.

Throughout the ceremony, his eyes remained glued on Piya and he witnessed every emotion playing on her face, from nervousness to excitement and happiness to confusion.

When just Piya was remaining, there came the twist when the host announced something no one, except Abhay, expected.

"We'll like to call our trustee, guest of honour and sponsor of this great event, Mr Abhay Khurana, to award the degree to our special student who excelled not in just academic but in every extracurricular activity too, Miss Piya Khanna."

The announcement took everyone by surprise and collective gasps were heard throughout the hall which surely didn't affect Abhay. He simply stared at his lady, standing with her jaws dropped, looking cuter than ever.

He winked at her as he climbed the steps and was flooded with happiness on seeing her eyes twinkling and a smile breaking on her face.

It was fitting when he awarded her the degree. Since he was always there motivating her in her studies, helping her in projects and pushing her for competitions and games, eventually helping her to acclaim hundreds of accolades in her academic carrier. She was above the average in studies, but better than the toppers in every sense, due to her multi-talented brain, with enhanced information due to a best friend, who stood in front of him now with a proud smile for her, plastered on his face.

Abhay looked at her with satisfaction as she smiled towards the audience and camera. It didn't matter to him that he attained this moment by his influence. He could bend thousands of rules for this precious moment.

The moment turned even more special and heavenly for Abhay when she turned back towards him with a dazzling smile and pulled him in a tight hug.

If he could bend some rules to make her feel special, she would break the norms to make him know she was always there by his side.

"Thank you so much for making this moment so special for me." She whispered in his ear with happiness dancing in her words.

He didn't care the sensational gossips they were creating, when he held her in a hug, because he knew it was a moment far better than the world could offer to him. Besides gossips weren't new to him. They had been creating it from long now. And as long Piya was beside him, he didn't care who was saying what.

"I'll meet you outside. Get over it fast." He whispered, before breaking the hug. They both had to get over the formal greetings and some other necessities, and he wanted it to be sooner than possible.

"Sure" she grinned at him and he watched her rushing away.

After watching her throwing hats with her mates having a dazzling smile on her face, he ventured on the formal greetings and farewells to get rid of the business and focus on his love.