Chapter 19 - Hidden Relation

Dedicating this update to pm98765.
I love and hate it when you come up with sudden guesses that always ends up right. Don't be so right always but yeah always guess and let me know. 😜♥️

****

His life was always like a ship. Dwindling in vast ocean, struggling for the destination and still stuck at the place. Storm meant to trouble it, but the most astonishing reality being, waves unsettling it too.

But now was the most eerie time. Time to confront the waves and storm both at same time.

With a deep breath, Abhay brushed off every thought and called Siddharth. He knew what he was going to listen but he wanted that stamp to kill his hope that there could be a misunderstanding. At least, there won't be any delusion of some difference between the courier and attacks.

"Who are those people, Siddharth?" Abhay asked ignoring his greetings.

His heart was beating profusely. He didn't want to talk about this to Siddharth or with anyone. But alas, Siddharth might knew it already.

"Who, Sir?"

"The people behind the attack," Abhay elaborated through clenched teeth. He didn't want to go through this conversation.

The brief silence was ghostly for Abhay. It told Abhay that Siddharth found the truth and his understanding were right.

"Your," Siddharth tried to speak but Abhay cut off knowing what relation he was going to speak.

"Names, Siddharth," Abhay gritted. "I have no relation with anyone."

"Mafia, sir," Siddharth took another pause before speaking the forbidden.

"Mr and Mrs Khurana."

Blood drained from Abhay face. That words and the way. It was a phantom of past. An uncanny throwback.

A welcome to past.

A sinister laughter of his misery.

Flashes of blood and mass with a thundering voice jerked him from the nightmare he was living. His little body, covered in sweat, was shaking like a crumbled leaf. His frightened face was paler and his heart was thumbing to get out of his chest. Tears ran down his eyes, as water flows from the height, naturally and unrestricted.

Terrified, he pushed away the blanket and dangled his weak legs from the bed. He jumped down from the bed and tumbled due to his wobbling legs.

There was utter silence as he walked out of the room with uneven breaths. The dim lights of his little home weren't scaring him anymore. His fear was much bigger than the ghosts hiding in the darkness of his dimly lit home.

Scared to break the silence but anxious to know the truth, he sprinted across the corridor and stopped near the hall.

His eyes widened and his heart wrenched.

They were there. The people in white. Mourning his father. He was dead. His father was actually dead.

Whimpering, he swirled and dashed into the store room.

He welcomed the darkness and shambled in the hidden corner of the room so to hid himself from.the cruelty of life.

Everything that he saw in his father's room and the funeral that he just witnessed in the tender age of nine and half year old was scarring his soul a bit too deeply and a bit more harshly.

He couldn't believe his father was no more. He should've known and stopped his father. But he simply stood watching him dying. Why didn't he stop his father. How could his father leave him?