Chapter 22 - Waiting for You

Shock thundered over Siddharth and he clutched the phone tightly. This wasn't the information he thought of receiving early morning. He had expected a breakdown after Pari death but this twist was unexpected.

Cutting the call, he wasted no time in booking the ticket for first flight to Pune. Jumping down from his bed, he took a quick shower and went to the airport to catch the flight.

As he sat on his seat in the airplane, he couldn't help but be anxious for his boss.

He always felt there was something wrong in his boss life. Particularly, something wrong in his marital life. Of course, Abhay marriage wasn't ideal at first place. But Piya was childhood sweetheart of Abhay and the way Abhay had sung praises all those years, Siddharth had thought his boss would overcome the initial problems.

Though he had realized on his first and last meeting with Piya that she wasn't ideal for Abhay. The girl got some certain anger for Abhay and it was clear there wasn't any understanding despite the years of togetherness.

He could still recall the loud noises from study room when he was waiting for Abhay in hall while feeling he was intruding in the private life of his boss by hearing those noises. The messy state in which his boss had come was still etched in his mind. The nervousness was present in his boss voice when talking to him. It was about Arvind Khanna and Piya had fought with Abhay, it was clear to him after Abhay request to look into the matter.

But despite everything, he hadn't expected Piya to left Abhay at the time when Abhay was already broken by Pari demise.

Even if she couldn't support him at his lowest, couldn't she be little considerate to the person she called best friend and was her husband?

Reaching Pune, Siddharth sat in car sent by Aryan and drove to Abhay mansion in full speed.

Jumping out of the car, he ran in the house while Aryan followed him, briefing him and showing him the room of Abhay.

Siddharth stopped short on the doorstep. The room was messed up but more than the room it was his boss who shocked him more. He forgot to breathe for a second and blinked several times confirming if it was his boss sitting on the floor.

Abhay was sitting on the floor leaning on the bed. His hair messed up and his face unrecognisable. He swung the bottle in his hand and emptying its content, took another one.

Tentatively, Siddharth walked towards him and slipped beside him.

"Sir" Siddharth called but got no response.

"Sir..." He called a bit loudly and shook his shoulder when Abhay didn't respond again

Abhay turned to him with his bloodshot eyes and gave a toothy smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Siddharth," Abhay chuckled painfully.

His reaction scared Siddharth.

"You shouldn't come here. I'm a monster and a monster shouldn't be allowed near. Go and leave me alone just like everyone has left." Abhay grumbled with a smile that was utterly painful.

Siddharth was shocked by his words and stared Abhay wondering if he was the Abhay who was cheerful and more of a brother to everyone than a boss?

Abhay swing the bottle to drink. Siddharth held his hand immediately and snatched the bottle from him.

"What are you doing, sir? This much alcohol isn't good for you," Siddharth said pained to see the state of his boss drowned in alcohol and drowned in pain.

Abhay gave out a laughter that Siddharth knew wasn't a happy one.

No, he wasn't the best person, best boss and a brother anymore. He was a broken man now.